When are you going fully electric?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It was reference to the inertia existing car companies have that makes them less agile - responsible investment and a CEO that doesn’t smoke pot.

EDIT: yes did mean pension.
How do you know that Guenter Butschek (sorry for puerile humour, but LOL at buttsheck) doesn't smoke a bit of the ganja? :D

Soldato
Thinking of a A250E as my next company car

BIK rate of 8%

Is there any real MPG figures around ? Looking at a 100 mile a day commute - 80% motorway and 20% traffic ?

With 80% motorway miles the battery isn't going to do a great deal unless you can charge at work, the design is very efficient/areodynamic and with a 15.6kWh battery pack you should get 35 miles per full charge in good weather.

Once the pack is drained, you are then on the 1.3L petrol Renault engine doing motor way speeds isn't going to get great MPG.

Look at a full BEV for 0% BIK?
What quotes have you had for the Merc so far?

Soldato
With 80% motorway miles the battery isn't going to do a great deal unless you can charge at work, the design is very efficient/areodynamic and with a 15.6kWh battery pack you should get 35 miles per full charge in good weather.

Once the pack is drained, you are then on the 1.3L petrol Renault engine doing motor way speeds isn't going to get great MPG.

Look at a full BEV for 0% BIK?
What quotes have you had for the Merc so far?

Thanks Journey

No quotes yet , can only choose from our Lex Lease web portal . Everything that’s ideal is a diesel but at £300 plus a month in tax it makes the A250E a real option for me ( ****** gas mileage or not ).

Amy other suggestions that will fit my needs from here ?

https://driver.lexautolease.co.uk/Login/TaxCalculator

Soldato
Thanks Journey

No quotes yet , can only choose from our Lex Lease web portal . Everything that’s ideal is a diesel but at £300 plus a month in tax it makes the A250E a real option for me ( ****** gas mileage or not ).

Amy other suggestions that will fit my needs from here ?

https://driver.lexautolease.co.uk/Login/TaxCalculator

Can you charge at work or is that impossible?

There are loads of cars to chose from, I'm not saying don't go for the Mercedes, but is this more a financial decision than a 'car' based one? Are you given a budget, car allowance, or something else? What sort of monthly would you like to stick to?

Soldato
yes - need some real world data on hybrids battery autonomy, rather than just the WLTP confirmation that it satisfies the (~?) 30miles range tax regime -
has anyone dug out what that WLTP journey profile looks like, is it significantly urban traffic jam stop/start biassed, or will it do that at 60mph.

I suppose if you take a model 3 benchmark at 3miles per KWh, that would suggest a 15KW battery might give 30miles.

Soldato
Can you charge at work or is that impossible?

There are loads of cars to chose from, I'm not saying don't go for the Mercedes, but is this more a financial decision than a 'car' based one? Are you given a budget, car allowance, or something else? What sort of monthly would you like to stick to?

35k and 20,000 miles a year . No I can’t charge at work but can at home .

Yes you are correct it’s more a financial decision rather than a car type decision but would like some type of luxury ( I’m not living 10 hours a week in a Prius ). I think in the real world I’ll return around 40mpg out of the A250E combined and that will do , yes I’ll get 50 plus mpg out of a diesel but the extra tax cost each month will far from negate that , in addition no insurance or servicing costs are a massive help well

At anywhere between £75 and £100 a month company car tax I’m really not sure what else is out here ?

Soldato
35k and 20,000 miles a year . No I can’t charge at work but can at home .

Yes you are correct it’s more a financial decision rather than a car type decision but would like some type of luxury ( I’m not living 10 hours a week in a Prius ). I think in the real world I’ll return around 40mpg out of the A250E combined and that will do , yes I’ll get 50 plus mpg out of a diesel but the extra tax cost each month will far from negate that , in addition no insurance or servicing costs are a massive help well

At anywhere between £75 and £100 a month company car tax I’m really not sure what else is out here ?

If it's purely financial, then it might be worth considering this:

For the 20/21 tax year, the BIK on a base spec A250e will be £32.93/month. On top of that, you've got 100 miles per day × 40MPG × £5.70/gallon. If there are 20 working days in a month, that's approx £318/month.

A BEV is going to have £0/month BIK and will do 100 miles for about £4. So roughly £80/month.

If you could find a suitable BEV, you'd be saving £238/month + savings on domestic usage. At your budget, the e-Niro, Kona Electric and Ioniq Electric are probably the best.

Just food for thought really.

Soldato

For the 20/21 tax year, the BIK on a base spec A250e will be £32.93/month. On top of that, you've got 100 miles per day × 40MPG × £5.70/gallon. If there are 20 working days in a month, that's approx £318/month.

A BEV is going to have £0/month BIK and will do 100 miles for about £4. So roughly £80/month.

If you could find a suitable BEV, you'd be saving £238/month + savings on domestic usage. At your budget, the e-Niro, Kona Electric and Ioniq Electric are probably the best.

That is what I was about to say. You could probably get in a Tesla Model 3 SR+ for not much more then the A250e after fuel costs and BIK savings are taken into account.

Soldato

You sir are a genius :D thanks . E-Niro looks good .

Anyone want to but a 2015 TT 2.0 TDI S-Line with 65k on the Clock ?

Back
Top Bottom