Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Picked up Assassins Creed: Odyssey on the weekend and it's my first foray in to the franchise since AC 2 way back when (the only game I ever platinumed too) and absolutely loving it so far. Reading the AC:O thread a while back sounds like there is much to do :)

Such a great game with so much to do, my game of 2019.

Playing COD MW at the moment, just because I can't think of much else to play, really need to check out Game Pass to see what's on there, recently finished A Plague Tale which was great.

Associate
On a whim I started playing Jurassic World Evolution yesterday (was a GWG giveaway a few months ago), before I realised it had absorbed about 5 hours of my Sunday!
A fun management sim with nice little extras like being able to drive the ranger jeep around your park and being able to fly the rescue helicopter; the dinosaur models are surprisingly good as well.

Caporegime
Well I was playing - and enjoying - Nier:Automata.

On Normal setting it's really stupidly easy. But that's OK, it's a story game, mostly. There's none of the difficulty (or complexity) of the only other Platinum Games game I've played - Metal Gear Rising. Which was hard - but in the hands of a great player on YT it looks like ballet. But Nier:A is not MGR. Nier:A basically just asks you to hit one or two buttons over and over until you win.

Until, that is, the third playthrough. (Did I mention you have to keep restarting to see the different endings?) Now I've reached a point that has absolutely ****ed me off beyond belief.

Basically out of nowhere your character gets "injured" (because, story). You can't fight back. You can't run, jump, or interact with *anything*.

You can only shamble like an extra from the Walking Dead.

And then the game says, "See this point on the other side of the map? Get there in 5 mins. Oh and there will be tons of enemies attacking you and knocking you off ledges and stuff. And you can't run or fly or ride anything. Hope you like seeing the game over screen!"

It's utter balls. Game goes from being **** easy to impossible because they basically stacked the odds completely against you and put in a time limit for good measure. You don't even get told where you're supposed to go until the timer is at 50% (guaranteeing a game over the first time).

At that point I turned the console off and basically said, "**** you, game." Designers who pull this kind of crap aren't auters, they're ass hats.

Man of Honour
Well I was playing - and enjoying - Nier:Automata.

On Normal setting it's really stupidly easy. But that's OK, it's a story game, mostly. There's none of the difficulty (or complexity) of the only other Platinum Games game I've played - Metal Gear Rising. Which was hard - but in the hands of a great player on YT it looks like ballet. But Nier:A is not MGR. Nier:A basically just asks you to hit one or two buttons over and over until you win.

Until, that is, the third playthrough. (Did I mention you have to keep restarting to see the different endings?) Now I've reached a point that has absolutely ****ed me off beyond belief.

Basically out of nowhere your character gets "injured" (because, story). You can't fight back. You can't run, jump, or interact with *anything*.

You can only shamble like an extra from the Walking Dead.

And then the game says, "See this point on the other side of the map? Get there in 5 mins. Oh and there will be tons of enemies attacking you and knocking you off ledges and stuff. And you can't run or fly or ride anything. Hope you like seeing the game over screen!"

It's utter balls. Game goes from being **** easy to impossible because they basically stacked the odds completely against you and put in a time limit for good measure. You don't even get told where you're supposed to go until the timer is at 50% (guaranteeing a game over the first time).

At that point I turned the console off and basically said, "**** you, game." Designers who pull this kind of crap aren't auters, they're ass hats.

I lost interest when I found out the B run was just repeating the whole game again with a less fun character. Such an overrated game.

Soldato
Been playing through Arkham Knight on the One X and really enjoying it. It’s definitely a lower res compared to the Pro version but it runs really well and looks fantastic with lots of physics and particle effects. Whizzing around in the batmobile is great fun....I have had a couple of hard crashes though and one bad guy falling through scenery causing a mission restart.

Associate
Been playing through Arkham Knight on the One X and really enjoying it. It’s definitely a lower res compared to the Pro version but it runs really well and looks fantastic with lots of physics and particle effects. Whizzing around in the batmobile is great fun....I have had a couple of hard crashes though and one bad guy falling through scenery causing a mission restart.
Really?? The Pro runs better than the one x??

Soldato
I'm currently playing the surge on ps pro after picking it up from the bay for a tenner.

I got this for the xbox and gave up within 15 mins, way too hard imo found it more stressful than a actual game to have fun playing lol

Currently playing GTA V, just been messing about causing havoc but going to start the story and play it through as I've had it all these years and not even done 10 missions of that yet

Associate
Completed Dying Light the following (PS4) this week, thought with the current climate with virus's, its good to get some practice in picking up antidote drops, upgrading weapons and scaling building making safe houses stocked with toilet paper and hand sanitizer :)

Soldato
Completed RE2 remake on PS4, with both Leon and Clare. I've probably gotten worse at games with age because I found this difficult on normal mode, enjoyable, but quite tough. Iv just started the 2nd run with Leon and to my surprise it plays slightly differently which is excellent for replay value. Any RE fans must have this in their collection!

Back
Top Bottom