Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Soldato
That's great to hear! Maybe I will still check it out in that case. I suspect it's the usual thing of dramatic reviews that trash the game get more clicks

Definitely check it out, if you enjoyed previous games or STALKER or shooters in general. I am very much looking forward to the two DLCs and eventual replay.

Associate
about 4 hours in the new DLC

so far its really good though it is open like volga and caspien it is abit restrictive though the design and atmosphere is on point

the new weapons are really fun i hope they had this into the main campaign like the previous DLC

in terms of difficulitey it isnt a cakewalk on ranger hardcore i am finding i am using all my experience in surviving gunfights and as no crossbow in the dlc ammo is a constant concern for me

overall they have done a decent job i can find myself replaying this dlc a few times as there is a lot of secrets to find and hidden loot etc

Caporegime
Can't be that big, as according to Steam, its only 59 MB :p

Sam.jpg

Associate
Does anyone or can anyone check if the new DLC weapons can be used in the main story ?

just thinking as i know the DLC flamethrower was added into main story albeit a little useless but it was useable

i would love to use the Sammy and that pistol on artyom haha

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just upgraded GPU to a 2070S OC on a 6700K 4.4GHz. I was on a GTX 980 and where I was getting around 60fps at 2560x1080 on Ultra before, I am now getting 60fps at 3440x1440 with Ray Tracing set to Ultra and on the Extreme quality profile with everything else on and DLSS enabled. I compared side by side with DLSS off/on and notice with it off textures are sharper, but take a 10~fps hit. Without looking side by side I think I'd be perfectly happy with DLSS on but nVidia do seem to be updating drivers to improve dlss sharpness.

I can game at 2560x1080 on Extreme with DLSS off however and it's a constant +60fps (vsync on). In one segment a storm blew by outside with the sun setting and the light rays and sfx were sublime. I don't think I have seen graphics like this before. Ray tracing is immense!

I also browsed youtube and loads of people commenting asking what it's like on older CPUs like mine as they were considering a GFX card upgrade so I think I will upload something for that crowd.

Soldato
Any of you guys getting occasional stuttering playing this? I've recently switched to a Ryzen 3600 and RX5700 XT. I'm getting a near 60 FPS average at 3440x1440 but get the occasional complete freeze lasting around a second.

Caporegime
I just upgraded GPU to a 2070S OC on a 6700K 4.4GHz. I was on a GTX 980 and where I was getting around 60fps at 2560x1080 on Ultra before, I am now getting 60fps at 3440x1440 with Ray Tracing set to Ultra and on the Extreme quality profile with everything else on and DLSS enabled. I compared side by side with DLSS off/on and notice with it off textures are sharper, but take a 10~fps hit. Without looking side by side I think I'd be perfectly happy with DLSS on but nVidia do seem to be updating drivers to improve dlss sharpness.

I can game at 2560x1080 on Extreme with DLSS off however and it's a constant +60fps (vsync on). In one segment a storm blew by outside with the sun setting and the light rays and sfx were sublime. I don't think I have seen graphics like this before. Ray tracing is immense!

I also browsed youtube and loads of people commenting asking what it's like on older CPUs like mine as they were considering a GFX card upgrade so I think I will upload something for that crowd.

Yeah they've improved the DLSS in this, its much better than it was.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Colonel's DLC wasn't brilliant, was linear... But Sam's Story is more entertaining I'm finding and because he is more vocal, quite amusing too especially hen you find other characters.

Spent ages looking for the 5th trap to set on Sam's Story only to find out the game was making it invisible until you shine a torch/light on it.... Rather annoying!

Associate
I downloaded this with plenty of expectations off the xbox store with the game pass and I've gotta say I found it pretty disappointing.

I'm sure the graphics would have looked a ton better than what I could get out of my lagging 980ti so I didn't have any complaints on that front.

I found the gunplay absolutely awful. How a game so new could have such poor gunplay I was quite shocked. Also the constant talking over each other by characters in cut scenes really tested my patience.

I gave up pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom