The FA CUP Fifth Round ** Spoilers ** [2nd - 5th March 2020]

Soldato
|Best way to bounce back

Hopefully we continue this now, win our game in hand and were level with spurs and right in the mix for European qualification again

Soldato
Sigh, another serious injury (unless it somehow wasn’t but it looked bad). Bit of a slow start but grew into the game and the goals were well-taken, although probably just as well Pompey made half a dozen changes as it made it a little easier. Good volley from Papa and a typical Eddie goal. Mari slotted in okay although given the amount of time/space the players had most of the time it’s hard to say much.

I think it’s safe to say at this point Arteta does not fancy AMN at all in any way and nothing he’s doing in training is convincing him otherwise.

Associate
Torreira is ostensibly fine according to match commentary. The way he fell, I thought it may be a stomach muscle pull or possibly a cracked rib, but not serious.

Reasonable performance to get the job done after a languid start: nice goal from Sokratis and fortunate one from Nketiah, but Martinez wasn't overly troubled and Portsmouth never looked likely to fight back. Nelson looked sharp after a prolonged absence.

Re: Maitland-Niles, I am not surprised Arteta has iced him. He isn't good enough in any position, a level or three below most of the younger crop. A direct comparison is Saka: equally out of position at fullback but plays a progressive game, has good interplay and a lot of production, and hasn't been found wanting defensively. Then you have Maitland-Niles: careless in possession, inconsistent in attacking areas, and defensively weak. I don't care for players who just run around a lot, but AMN never seems like he is really expending for the team, he's far too relaxed.

Soldato
Adrian, Williams, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Fabinho, Lallana, Jones, Minamino, Mane, Origi

Happy with that line up although I'd of gone with ox myself in middle

Back
Top Bottom