The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Should be "fun" drive tomorrow - 165 miles to Campbeltown from Ayrshire and back for a swimming competition for my daughter. If you know the route, you will know it's the middle of nowhere! 4 hours of pretty poor "A" roads driving.

Fingers crossed the chargers on route are working!

SR+ - I reckon this time of year it's about a full battery each way (circa 70% efficiency) so hopefully chargers via plugshare/zapmap are accurate with regards their current working status!

Soldato
I am sure that you'll be fine, given the A roads, you're average speed isn't going to be mega fast (unless you make it that way), so hopefully your mpkWh will be more like 4, than 3.

Plenty of charge points on that route, even if some are busy or not working. :)

Soldato
Yeah that'll be tight depending on the weather! I presume you're going to charge to 100%?

yeah - first time using "scheduled charging" - set for 8am departure at 100%

Normally just charge when I need it.....

Need to stop on route for a toilet break/coffee so best case I get a 50kwh charger somewhere which should add 20/30% in 20 minutes or so. Even a 22kwh charger should get me 10/15% to get me there. Then there is a couple of chargers in Campbeltown and I'll be there for probably 3 hours or so at the swimming comp so just hook up and leave it till we are ready to leave. Same on the way home - pit stop somewhere for a top up. Should be fine.

Soldato
I am sure that you'll be fine, given the A roads, you're average speed isn't going to be mega fast (unless you make it that way), so hopefully your mpkWh will be more like 4, than 3.

Plenty of charge points on that route, even if some are busy or not working. :)

most of the A road there is 40/50mph max - it's a fairly poor road.

Crazy thing is - it's 39 miles as the crow flies, but 160 by road!!!

Back
Top Bottom