Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yes,

Its a basic service for the "niche" people who like to look after their accounts offline.......

Just convert CSV to OFX?

Why should i pay for a tool to this,
Why should i spend 20 mins doing it myself.
Why would i even upload my bank statement for a free online convertor

When AMEX, HSBC all do this as part of the service that does it all from scratch.

Soldato
Monzon also didn't close their forum like Starling did, they are very active and always getting input from the community which I think is important in shaping the future of the product.

They did introduce foreign ATM fees after promising not too. Also introduced a business account after saying they wouldn't then quickly trying to get one launched after Starling did. It's also had a couple of false starts with things (paid accounts) which it then cancelled. One of two other things about them too which means I don't trust them. Afterall Tom Blomfield used to work at Starling.

Soldato
Getting sick of the Llyods website experience when accessing my account - Just show me my sodding details, don't advertise crap in my face before I get to the crucial information I really want. Their app is fine however and they've kept it clean.

Ever since they released that major update for their app a while back I haven't logged into the website again. Everything I ever need is on the app and is accessible via a fingerprint. I'm still contemplating a full switch over to Starling but I do like keeping my funds separate for when I go abroad.

Soldato
Yes,

Its a basic service for the "niche" people who like to look after their accounts offline.......

Why should i pay for a tool to this,
Why should i spend 20 mins doing it myself.
Why would i even upload my bank statement for a free online convertor

When AMEX, HSBC all do this as part of the service that does it all from scratch.
And those people are a niche. Most people will manage transactions/accounts/spending online as it's always up to date. I'm not surprised the FinTechs put little development effort into OFX etc.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
They did introduce foreign ATM fees after promising not too. Also introduced a business account after saying they wouldn't then quickly trying to get one launched after Starling did. It's also had a couple of false starts with things (paid accounts) which it then cancelled. One of two other things about them too which means I don't trust them. Afterall Tom Blomfield used to work at Starling.

Yea it's a swings and roundabouts. The truth is, if I used Starling, I'd have to run another current account to pay my bills from. With Monzo I have moved fully over, it's just not feasible with Starling. I do like Starling, it's just not compatible with how I split my daily spending and my bills.

Soldato
Is there a view in the Android Starling app that shows me my account balance at a point in time, like after a transaction? Difficult to explain but other banks I have used would usually show two columns in a transaction, one showing the transation amount and then one showing the balance total after that transaction. I had a need to see some account history recently and this was needed but I couldn't quite seem to get it. If you can understand what I am saying, help!

Soldato
Is there a view in the Android Starling app that shows me my account balance at a point in time, like after a transaction? Difficult to explain but other banks I have used would usually show two columns in a transaction, one showing the transation amount and then one showing the balance total after that transaction. I had a need to see some account history recently and this was needed but I couldn't quite seem to get it. If you can understand what I am saying, help!

I know what you mean, I don't think it has that facility.

Man of Honour
The more I use Monzo the more I am tempted to switch fully from First Direct. I have no issues with FD, they’re an excellent bank. But Monzo seem to do things a little better. I also like the bills pot idea. My day to day spending is still on my BA Amex which I pay off in full every month.

Man of Honour
I struggle to see what FD give me over Monzo. But if I look at what Monzo gives me, it's far more. Even if I wanted a bank loan for example, I can just use Sainsbury's or Tesco as they're about the same rates as what FD give me.

Commissario
Pretty sure I'll be hitting the button to move in the next day or so.
.... and it's done.

Just need to remember to update places such as PayPal, Audible, Amazon etc where my card details are saved.

/edit - Stuff like this makes me smile and think 'yup, this was the right thing to do'.

uY5HMr0.jpeg

Soldato
.... and it's done.

Just need to remember to update places such as PayPal, Audible, Amazon etc where my card details are saved.

/edit - Stuff like this makes me smile and think 'yup, this was the right thing to do'.

uY5HMr0.jpeg

That's where a curve card comes in handy as it abstracts away your actual banking cards plus you earn curve cashback where it's offered; that's in addition to any cashback on the underlying cards :)

Back
Top Bottom