What watch do you wear?

Associate
That Montblanc is lovely. I've been looking for a dress watch and fancied a JLC Reverso, but when I saw this I really like it. The bracelet on this is really nice though, and the new strap changing system Cartier have is excellent so you can swap between the steel bracelet and a leather strap in a few seconds. Really smart and makes it two watches in one, so really it was half price. :p

vAnO2H0.jpg

dACW87f.jpg

Personally I really like the lack of date because it means it only take a couple of seconds to set the correct time if I've not worn it for a few days or weeks.

This looks really nice. How did you decide between this and the larger size - besides the lack of the date window did you feel this is a better size generally?

The JLC to me looks quite a bit smarter. Do you ever find this one too ‘casual’? Was a tank ever an option for you?

Have you found the polished plate is very prone to scratching? That’s what puts me off a bit...

daz

daz

Soldato
This looks really nice. How did you decide between this and the larger size - besides the lack of the date window did you feel this is a better size generally?

I've got small wrists so didn't even look at the larger size. :o

The JLC to me looks quite a bit smarter. Do you ever find this one too ‘casual’? Was a tank ever an option for you?

I didn't actually look at the tanks. As a piece of jewellery they're very nice but I do like the slightly more sporty look of the Santos with the bracelet. It is more casual with the metal bracelet but with the leather strap it can be dressed up. It came with a light brown leather one and I'm intending to buy a black leather one, but the quick switch system means you have to buy the straps through Cartier which gets expensive.

Have you found the polished plate is very prone to scratching? That’s what puts me off a bit...

Yes definitely, it does scratch and considering I only wear it once or twice a week it's a bit annoying. I generally wear this if going out for a nice meal or something like that, whereas my Omega I wear every day. I assume it'll get polished out during a service. It's not the end of the world but would be nice if it was a bit harder wearing.

dod

dod

Soldato
just picked up another old seiko, lovely wee thing :)

GM3_9459 small.jpg

GM3_9459 small.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone fancy 3 free high end 22mm NATO straps? These are buckle-less as you would use your original buckle so it's all a nice factory look have no use for them as have no 22mm watches.

20200228_181444.jpg

I got a ZULUDIVER 298 rubber strap from Watchgecko today and this is gonna be my daily NATO. Reminds me of the 328 I had on the NOMOS but the 328 is a bit thinner so deosn't quite suite the chunkier style of a diver. like this does. Smells really nice too like the 328 did.

ZULUDIVER_298_topdown-1.jpg

Kept the buckle from the Marloe leather strap I got free which finishes the look:

ZULUDIVER_298_M-Buckle.jpg

As far as straps go, and having bought pretty much all types of straps to see what I like the best over the years, these Bonetto Cinturini made Italian rubber are unbeatable. So soft and comfortable. I won't buy any other type of strap as my main one for any watch from now on.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Like that a lot.

Especially nice to see dive watches going slowly back to a size that is traditional to a dive watch instead of all these DJ Khaled sizes...

Back
Top Bottom