*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Been sat in Germany since 01:00 this morning, hasn't moved since :(

Looking at my tracking, mine left them on the 17/02/20 and arrived on the 20/2/20. So I assume it should arrive tomorrow as I noticed the tracking was a bit slow to update.

Soldato
Picked up a US-8-150W yesterday off Facebook Market Place. I had an operation yesterday so whilst waiting killing time browsing found it. £20 sold as spares and repairs. He even dropped it off to me in the waiting room. All boxed everything. Story behind it was he had a surge various thing no longer work. I’ve just tested the fuse and it’s blown in the plug. New fuse and switch works. Happy days.

We used to get that a lot back in the old CRT tv days.... Fuse in plug ok. But the 0.2 amp in the TV would obviously blow first..

Caporegime
Hmm I think my cloud key is hosed. I get the login splash screen, but when I try to click manage the controller website fails to load.

I've restarted the service and restored a backup via ssh and nothing... any thoughts?

Caporegime
I was close to buying a gen2 CK... I might just bite the bullet and do that now and then set everything up (again) when it arrives.

Given that my network is running just fine at present.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just updated my UDM-Pro to 1.6.5 rc10, all seems good at the mo but I wont have chance to fully test till tomorrow.

Caporegime
Try a completely new Micro SD card. Unless the backup is corrupted then it can pretty much only be the Micro SD card.
Well, just like anything ubiquiti.... what the hell? Got sick of trying to restore different backups last night so went to bed. This morning? Guess what. Its back up and working.

:mad:.

Soldato
Well, just like anything ubiquiti.... what the hell? Got sick of trying to restore different backups last night so went to bed. This morning? Guess what. Its back up and working.

:mad:.

Again, if it’s getting flakey I’d replace the Micro SD card. It’s the only ‘moving’ part in the UCK and it’s the single biggest source of issues in my experience. Either it runs out of space (and crashes) or the RAM on the card just fails from too many read/write operations. In either case, it can’t reliably load the data it needs and the UCK appears to fall over.

Caporegime
the chipsets are identical, only the antennae and physical form factor are different. If you need anything other than ceiling mounted, get the FlexHD, but ultimately if you can ceiling mount a NanoHD it will give much better coverage. Another plus for the FlexHD is that it can be used externally IF you mount it under the eaves or somewhere it’s not going to get battered with wind and rain.

what actually happens if you wall mount a nano HD?

Back
Top Bottom