Looks like it's over for FlyBe

Soldato
ESS1qTjXkAAWdHr

Quite a few jobs at risk I'd imagine

Associate
I feel sorry for the Flybe share holders the slots at the airports were worth more than the airline was sold for and yet they agreed to sell the airline at a going concern. I imagine whoever bought the airline will make money now.

Such a shame. I have almost zero vision, and they were always so good on that front, getting me though the airport and onto the plane, and again in reverse. This was consistent at English speaking and non-English speaking airports.

Ryanair as a comparison weren't as good imo.

Caporegime
Often use the Belfast->Southampton flight lol, those 2 airports have little functionality without FlyBe. Prices were eye-watteringly bad most of the time tbf

Soldato
Often use the Belfast->Southampton flight lol, those 2 airports have little functionality without FlyBe. Prices were eye-watteringly bad most of the time tbf

I think Exeter, Southampton and Belfast City could be in mega trouble because of this. Shame really. I've never used Southampton airport as they only flew to places I didn't want to visit, mostly in France!

Don
Used them quite a bit for BHX-LYS even though I heard a lot of people complain about them I always found them OK

Shame to see them go

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ahh capitalism, just the way the cookie smashes into the ground unfortunately.

The Execs will land on their feet at another £200k+ job while the plebs will be running around aimlessly because no other company will hire them due to the virus reducing trade, zero-hours it is then.

That's of course unless someone buys the business for a £1, but I just don't see how that works out with the pandemic running it's course.

Soldato
Used them from Murcia to Norwich. Worst app I've ever come across, and a tiny plane with only two seats per side. It was actually a very good and comfortable flight. Much nicer than my Murcia and Alicante flights to Stansted or Luton. Always wondered why with trains being so expensive and mostly rubbish, why the UK doesn't have a proper internal air travel market like many other countries.

If flights from Martinique to Guadeloupe or worse from Martinique to St Lucia are profitable, how can a route from Exeter to Manchester or London not be.

Back
Top Bottom