X570 Aorus Pro fans?.

Associate
Hi in the bios I have gone into smart fan and set every fan to silent which only works when not using the computer and sounds very quiet. As soon as I open a web page fans sound very loud again. I no that normal but would like it quieter using fan profiles.

I have a Lian-Li Lancool One digital midi case

Alpenfohn Brocken ECO advanced CPU cooler 120 mm

Power supply Gigabyte Aorus P850 850W 80 plus gold modular PSU.

CPU 3770x at 4.4ghz (Precision Boost think its 3.6ghz)

Any good fan profiles for this system to make it quieter but not to let it over heat. Thanks.

Also I seen that turning off Precision Boost mode makes a lot of difference too and is this also safe?. Thanks again.

Any other info needed?.

Last edited:
Associate
I expect you're getting temperature spikes when you task the processor with something, which is perfectly normal but your fans are trying to react instantly to the change when they don't need to.

You can either alter the temperature curve profile for the fans or if your motherboard supports it, add a 1 second delay, this will filter out the quick spikes.

Associate
OP
I expect you're getting temperature spikes when you task the processor with something, which is perfectly normal but your fans are trying to react instantly to the change when they don't need to.

You can either alter the temperature curve profile for the fans or if your motherboard supports it, add a 1 second delay, this will filter out the quick spikes.

Hi is this setting Temperature Interval the add a 1 second delay your on about?. in system fan 5 all Temperature Interval settings are at 3.

Associate
I've got the same thing happening in my new build. x570 arous elite.

Have an AIO h75 cooler.
Stuck the pump header into the cpu_opt port - think that's fine as seem to run the pump maxxed out no matter what option is selected (says about 4.5krpm).
When I had the two fans attached to cpu_fan via a y split the fans would go bonkers loud. Normal use they'd be loud with the spikes causing them to go insanely loud.
Changing the curve didn't solve anything.

Have just taken them off and put on the sys_fan port and told it not to use cpu temp reading but one of the others (forget off the top of my head). Also told it to use voltage rather than pwm.

There is an interval settings but that's set to 3 so you'd hope that would deal with the spikes but it really doesn't.

Anyway took the whole thing apart last night as I think the top fan was spinning so how the wrong way!
It's driving me a little bonkers ;)

Associate
Got it all purring now <touch wood>.

The y split cable has 1 4-pin and the other, while being big enough for 4 has 3-pin connectors. Makes sense as it uses the pwm of the first fan and the other is slaved to it so they both spin at same rate.
Think the fan I had plugged in to 4pin was a bit dodgy so switched them. Both seem to be a good bit happier.
Stuck them both back into the cpu header and reacting to cpu temps, with pwm being the default.

On silent it's nice and quiet but the 100% threshold is still too low for when the cpu decides to boost and spike itself so as you've said, raised that threshold. Think I have it at 80 so will drop that back a bit and raise the other's so it's silent when spiking up into the 60s.

The time interval of three, I don't think, is long enough to clear the boost related temp spikes. If that could be raised then maybe more sensible speeds could be set so if the cpu is up in the 60 range without spiking the fans will actually speed up as you'd want them to!

It's amazing what you're forced to learn when things don't work!

Associate
I have just built a new system around this motherboard with a 3900x and an RTX 270. When doing desktop stuff I to get the odd spike from the chipset fan despite setting it to silent. I am wondering if some of the issue is that my gpu goes over the top of the chipset fan. As the temp of the chipset even when at the desktop seems to be 64, is this too high? As I am wondering if my case fans just need to be replaced to ones that push a bit more air.

Soldato
I have just built a new system around this motherboard with a 3900x and an RTX 270. When doing desktop stuff I to get the odd spike from the chipset fan despite setting it to silent. I am wondering if some of the issue is that my gpu goes over the top of the chipset fan. As the temp of the chipset even when at the desktop seems to be 64, is this too high? As I am wondering if my case fans just need to be replaced to ones that push a bit more air.
I'd say that's too high. At desktop mine is 46.
Gaming 63.

Takes a long time to cool down though.

Soldato
I recently had this issue on an Aorus Master. After updating my motherboard chipset drivers and setting the Windows powerplan to Ryzen Balanced it's all nice and quiet now.

Back
Top Bottom