What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Ordered some AN10 hose, check valve and fittings to make up a new oil return from the turbo. Am getting 1 drop of oil leak out from the turbo casing when the engine is cooling which i suspect is a combination of the oil from the sump feeding back and the height the turbo is mounted.

Soldato
Cleaned a lot of muck and grime off the the area around the front sprocket, was mostly grit mixed with chain wax. Then gave the chain a good clean with paraffin and then a spray with chain wax. Will hopefully cover the bike with ACF50 later.

Associate
Technically yesterday but the MOT was today, took it to the garage and it went straight through with no advisories so chuffed with that :)

I'm coming up to needing to learn how to do oil changes, and at the same time it's probably worth learning other basic maintenance e.g. chain tightening etc. I'm going to be going off of some YouTube videos but anyone know a good tool kit or pieces worth picking up? I've got spanners, torque wrench etc. but is there anything unique to motorcycle maintenance worth getting?

Transmission breaker
Don
Technically yesterday but the MOT was today, took it to the garage and it went straight through with no advisories so chuffed with that :)

I'm coming up to needing to learn how to do oil changes, and at the same time it's probably worth learning other basic maintenance e.g. chain tightening etc. I'm going to be going off of some YouTube videos but anyone know a good tool kit or pieces worth picking up? I've got spanners, torque wrench etc. but is there anything unique to motorcycle maintenance worth getting?

Oil filter wrench.
Strap or clamp type, but they do good job in saving you some time and mess.

Tea Drinker
Don
@Maccapacca how do you find the vario luggage stuff? I'm starting out deciding whether to go there or Givi or SW or or or!

Vario is awesome really, day to day it's quite slim and the ability to double the space when needed is a nice touch.

Had three sets of vario on various BMWs loved them all really. This set is quite susceptible to damage, previous set seemed to be a little more robust maybe it's economies of material thickness.

Associate
Thanks man. Yeah I had the sports panniers on the K1300S which were expando-fun. I like that it seems these vario ones will not hinder filtering too much also. Unless the dealer offers me a great deal at bike-buying moment I'll try and find some to look at in person first.

Associate
MOT for my MT10, thought i'd get an advisory for noise at least considering it's straight through de-cat. Tester wasn't even bothered by the noise....probably heard louder maybe.

Also fitted a new Yamaha Comfort seat too. Need some half decent weather now to get out there and play.

Soldato
I'd rather not have one but if don't there will be a lot of crap kicked up because of the tail tidy, i can't see anything better looking out there, post a link if you can.

Back
Top Bottom