HTC Vive & HP Z PC Wireless

Associate
Hi all,

Would really appreciate some input on this.

Basically we have a HTC Vive, and a HP Z docking PC with the feature of using the PC on a Backpack.

We are hoping to have the PC in the backpack whilst using the HTC Vive. Can anyone tell me how we transmit the signal to a TV whilst using the Vive and PC on the backpack? Possibly a HDMI splitter, one port for the Vive to go into, and for the for transmitter to the TV? Which can handle the performance side of things too.

I know there is an official Vive Wireless you can buy but wanted to know if there's anything a bit cheaper.

Just to note. I tried a Microsoft Wireless Adapter but it was lagging etc on the vive. I assume being stuck at 30hz?

Much appreciated

Last edited:
Soldato
Geez how much are these !!! Paying a massive premium just for a decent wireless solution. Is 10x the cost of a Quest and Virtual Desktop really worth it ? Suppose if you have the money. For that price I would want a full on sensory VR suit with it !

Surely HP have come up with a way to connect them to a monitor or TV whilst wearing it as a backpack ?

Associate
OP
Geez how much are these !!! Paying a massive premium just for a decent wireless solution. Is 10x the cost of a Quest and Virtual Desktop really worth it ? Suppose if you have the money. For that price I would want a full on sensory VR suit with it !

Surely HP have come up with a way to connect them to a monitor or TV whilst wearing it as a backpack ?

Lol thanks for the reply. I'm just the messenger for the people that already have the equipment. It just seems difficult to find a solution for what they need so was wondering if there was anything out there other than the one that's £299 which also needs a PCie slot. Which the HP Z doesn't have.

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom