*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
heads up for some 3ds games, eshop version of shin megami teni 4 apocalypes are 5.39 and the same price for radiant historia, grabbed both of em as the physical prices are a joke.

people on amazon are selling shin megami 4 for 99 quid and radiant for 50 lol, had my eye on both they games, so good deal for any one else who had their eyes on them as i know quite a few switch owners also have a 3ds :)

Soldato
What's not easy about it?

Same reason the other console games have their own threads.

Im on the fence about getting Animal crossing...would just be easier if their was an Animal crossing thread, see other peoples opinions and views etc without other random chat too.

It was just an observation, seems weird its done this way just for the Switch.

Soldato
Started playing astral chain finally (got it at Xmas)

A very good game so far only few hours in but dam it runs well and am surprised it runs so well, fast paced action game.

Shows how good the tech in the switch actually is imo

Soldato
Just got two 2nd hand Switch's as my kids wanted to try them out and I fancied a play about with them. I managed to get screens only and then add Joycons. One came with a dock and PSU. The XAJ700 one is in decent condition screen a bit marked. The other XAJ400 one wont connect to the TV in the dock (but charges in the dock). The guy left a game card in it (it was not advertised with a game) so it was a bit like finding a prize and a metaphorical drum roll occurred as I slowly pulled the card out to reveal - Farming Simulator. Ah well. Chug Chug in my tractor.

I did do a bit of research on the forums but I never realised there was a problem with poor Wifi connection on these devices. The XAJ400 is diabolical you have to be in the same room as the router to get a good connection. The XAJ700 is a bit better couple of rooms away but go upstairs and okay ish. Makes me wonder now what the new version of the Switch is like. I updated the XAJ400 to 9.0.2 but it didnt make any difference. Had a quick read through search on this thread about WIFI but looks like nothing I can do. Just wondering whether its worth replacing the wifi aerials/board although looking at the disassembly you have to remove nigh on everything to get to it. The XAJ400 in the ad stated about the lack of tv connection in the dock and that he didnt have time to repair it. However its clearly been opened. The screws have all been removed and one is nearly ruined. The same corner was not fastened in right and whoever put this back together didnt put the screw back properly. Luckily I had my triangle screwdriver left over from my Wii modding days so I could rectify it. Just wondering whether its worth replacing the wifi aerials/board although looking at the disassembly you have to remove nigh on everything to get to it. Also to see if the TV connection can be fixed. At least the XAJ700 one works okay in the dock and displays on my 4k TV fine.

Soldato
Just got two 2nd hand Switch's as my kids wanted to try them out and I fancied a play about with them. I managed to get screens only and then add Joycons. One came with a dock and PSU. The XAJ700 one is in decent condition screen a bit marked. The other XAJ400 one wont connect to the TV in the dock (but charges in the dock). The guy left a game card in it (it was not advertised with a game) so it was a bit like finding a prize and a metaphorical drum roll occurred as I slowly pulled the card out to reveal - Farming Simulator. Ah well. Chug Chug in my tractor.

I did do a bit of research on the forums but I never realised there was a problem with poor Wifi connection on these devices. The XAJ400 is diabolical you have to be in the same room as the router to get a good connection. The XAJ700 is a bit better couple of rooms away but go upstairs and okay ish. Makes me wonder now what the new version of the Switch is like. I updated the XAJ400 to 9.0.2 but it didnt make any difference. Had a quick read through search on this thread about WIFI but looks like nothing I can do. Just wondering whether its worth replacing the wifi aerials/board although looking at the disassembly you have to remove nigh on everything to get to it. The XAJ400 in the ad stated about the lack of tv connection in the dock and that he didnt have time to repair it. However its clearly been opened. The screws have all been removed and one is nearly ruined. The same corner was not fastened in right and whoever put this back together didnt put the screw back properly. Luckily I had my triangle screwdriver left over from my Wii modding days so I could rectify it. Just wondering whether its worth replacing the wifi aerials/board although looking at the disassembly you have to remove nigh on everything to get to it. Also to see if the TV connection can be fixed. At least the XAJ700 one works okay in the dock and displays on my 4k TV fine.
Switch is a great consol cut your losses and buy new

Man of Honour

The poor WiFi is due to the chipset used in the switch, and anything less than adding an external aerial won't help. The new switch consoles are identical for WiFi performance to the launch ones.

Associate

P13usb chip will need replacement to resolve the docking issue.

You can't change anything relating to the wifi. Mine is fairly good to be fair, gets a 5ghz signal where other devices sometimes struggle.

Man of Honour
Strange thing is since downloading a couple of games the WIFI has been solid. Either that or changing the MTU to 1500 has improved things.

Changing the MTU does make a fair improvement. I forgot about that as it's standard on all devices to match the MTU to your router settings.

Soldato
Wouldn't mind getting me a Nintendo switch at some point but they still seem quite expensive even used? How come they hold their value so well Compared to other consoles? Because they're portable?

Back
Top Bottom