Wireless IEMS

Caporegime
OP
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/alien-secret-qcc010-review

£25 warmer airier alternative to fiil t1x

At £25 I'm tempted to give these a go too tbh. At £25 of I don't like them I can always give them away as a gift.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/page-1320

Here's the huge thread on head fi where loads of people really like the fiil t1x and some don't.

After all sound is very subjective.

Edit:

https://www.scarbir.com/about

After reading that I'm convinced that this guy is the real deal and I should get the above too.

I also read which and they rate the Cambridge Audio behind sony with Sony being number one.

Again if you are looking for the best I think you need look no further than the Sony.

However if you are looking for value for money then this guys site and the head fi link will get you top quality at a low price.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I am all confused for choice now hah... battery life and sound quality are high up on my needs but sound quality that can be EQ tweaked as I have a certain style of sound I am accustomed to so if I can adjust the built in DAC via EQ or an app to get the "NAD sound" I've known and liked for the last decade then that's me sorted.

Those QCs above also support Qi charging on the case, so that's me pretty much fully wire free for charging all my portables, and at the price, no brainer it seems?

Edit I will not bother with the QCs havign read the review fully.
- Not able to use just one bud and switch between the two as one charges
- Cannot adjust volume on the buds themselves so you have to reach into a pocket to tap the volume buttons on the phone or if the phone is charging inside a bag in a powerbank etc it's tedious.

I will wait for the Fiil's to arrive and make a decision after a week listening to those. I can then sell my Jaybirds and easily recoup any costs from the Fiil purchase and add toward the Sony XM3 purchase if it comes to that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I am all confused for choice now hah... battery life and sound quality are high up on my needs but sound quality that can be EQ tweaked as I have a certain style of sound I am accustomed to so if I can adjust the built in DAC via EQ or an app to get the "NAD sound" I've known and liked for the last decade then that's me sorted.

Those QCs above also support Qi charging on the case, so that's me pretty much fully wire free for charging all my portables, and at the price, no brainer it seems?

Edit I will not bother with the QCs havign read the review fully.
- Not able to use just one bud and switch between the two as one charges
- Cannot adjust volume on the buds themselves so you have to reach into a pocket to tap the volume buttons on the phone or if the phone is charging inside a bag in a powerbank etc it's tedious.

I will wait for the Fiil's to arrive and make a decision after a week listening to those. I can then sell my Jaybirds and easily recoup any costs from the Fiil purchase and add toward the Sony XM3 purchase if it comes to that.

I decided against trying them after reading on headfi that fiil are better.

There is another company being mentioned in the thread but I checked and theirs cost £170 on amazon UK and I think that price is legit.

So I'm amazed people are buying them over Sony.

Going to stick with fiil t1x. See how much use they get and if it warrants it buy the Sony xm3.

The fiil are better suited for the gym to to the wings. Which will be my usage and main reason for purchase.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

https://crinacle.com/2020/02/19/the-audiophiles-perspective-samsung-galaxy-buds/

Crinacle has reviewed the new Galaxy Buds 2 and rates them higher than the Sony XM3.

I believe we have an absolute winner here....

My TX hasn't arrived yet but it's looking like I may well be getting the Buds+ if the Ta don't match my taste. Nothing else for the money will come close.

Edit*

Fiil T1X arrived shortly after my post and just giving them the 30 hours burn in right now through the app. Connection worked perfectly and whilst the touchpad controls are a bit illogical, have already got used to them.

I have used the Samsung Adapt Sound to tune them to my ears and also adjusted the out of the box EQ in Samsung settings. I also found that the Fiil+ app's EQ best suited Home Theatre mode as that reduced the harsher high end. Passive noise isolation is better than the JayBird X3, even though the X3s use Comply premium memory foam tips, the silicone tips on the Fiil create a tighter seal.

The seal is fine with largest tips for me, along with medium wings but right now after a while there is some discomfort as my ears are still adjusting to the fit having had the JayBirds in for thousands of hours.

Need a full walking commute day or two to decide what's what but so far I'm pleased with the size, sound and material quality seems fine to me, not too different to the JayBirds and the bit where the tip attaches is metal too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had the Galaxy Buds, and they were great. Pretty awful for calls though, which was annyoing as they would've been very handy.

Music, and sports they were pretty much on the money. Wireless charging too was a huge bonus.

I might get the Buds+, but then the T1Xs are tempting for the price!

Soldato
I've gone the total opposite after my xm3s charger case broke (still need to send to Sony for warranty repair).

Got a fiio btr5 mobile amp & dac (earsound es100 does similar too) which makes wired IEMs wireless using LDAC Bluetooth and in my case using it with fiio FH7 IEMs. I get the price point is significantly higher (it wouldn't be with £100 IEMs like iBasso it10 or something) but the sound is almost as good as using with a desktop amp and dac in all honesty, so much better than the Sony true wireless, and my phone isn't physically tethered to my headphones which is the kind of mobility I was looking for anyway.

A bluetooth mobile amp and dac may be an option for some of you who have already invested in good wired IEMs previous. They can clip onto you or go into a pocket or something never to be touched again.

Caporegime
OP
I've gone the total opposite after my xm3s charger case broke (still need to send to Sony for warranty repair).

Got a fiio btr5 mobile amp & dac (earsound es100 does similar too) which makes wired IEMs wireless using LDAC Bluetooth and in my case using it with fiio FH7 IEMs. I get the price point is significantly higher (it wouldn't be with £100 IEMs like iBasso it10 or something) but the sound is almost as good as using with a desktop amp and dac in all honesty, so much better than the Sony true wireless, and my phone isn't physically tethered to my headphones which is the kind of mobility I was looking for anyway.

A bluetooth mobile amp and dac may be an option for some of you who have already invested in good wired IEMs previous. They can clip onto you or go into a pocket or something never to be touched again.

i was already using Sony SBH24 which is basically a cheaper version of what you have. i used that as a stop gap for XM3's then i got the t1x's.

I don't want something that i need to clip onto me when i'm in the gym it's just messy and the wire is annoying and gets in the way.

Caporegime
OP
After spending a full day with the Fiil T1X's yesterday. I did have to equalise them to get them to my liking. I didn't try out the range of tips as I have given them to my wife as a gift and used what suits her. However the fit wasn't that great as a result I think she is using one of the middle tips and I need ones a bit larger (which are supplied but I didn't have them to hand).

They sounded great tbh after equalisation. I only got 1 dropout and that was when I was walking through a very busy train station in the city centre. Possibly too much interference or people around me? I walked through the same spot later on in the day on the return journey and they stayed connected the whole time so possibly an anomaly?

I'd say for £45 these are pretty much a bargain. I've also realised unless I'm going to take going to the gym seriously again then probably not worth the upgrade to XM3's as these once equalised are very good. The sound out the box though is very harsh and fatiguing for me. I had to up the bass and get rid of the top end somewhat. I just used the bass setting in the app to do this for me.

My phone also has lots of magic software which supposedly makes things sound better. Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium. I had this all turned on and was using amazon music as my source on the highest quality settings.

I will try a few podcasts tonight but for £45 I can recommend these as a good buy.

Will spending £200 get me something better? Most likley. How much better though is up for date and since I have owned headphones ranging from £20 all the way up to £800. I have enough nouse to know in the world of sound these will likely be good enough for most people and they honestly wouldn't notice the difference.

However I would love some XM3's to A-B them against to verify.

Associate
However I would love some XM3's to A-B them against to verify.

I felt exactly the same way - which is why I did buy the xm3's a week ago and gave my son the fiil. I absolutely love them - I'm not sure if I'm giving them more credit than is due because I spent so much on them, or whether they really are that good but the itch is scratched for now :)

Soldato
I picked up the qcy t2s off ebay for about 16 quid.

honestly I would doubt if you gave me a 300 quid set us super whatevers I think id struggle to tell the difference. Maybe I'm just getting old

Caporegime

honestly I would doubt if you gave me a 300 quid set us super whatevers I think id struggle to tell the difference. Maybe I'm just getting old

I've got the same, they're plenty good enough for out and about. I'd like a bit more bass but they're very good for the money.

Associate
I'd like a pair of wireless buds, but I'm finding it hard to decide which ones.

I'm no audiophile but would like some that will be comfortable to listen to for long periods without getting fatigued, but good call quality is also high priority.

I liked the idea of the Sony ones but the lack of wings to secure them put me off and they seem to stick out quite a bit too.

Has anyone tried the new galaxy buds+ ?
Is there anything new coming to keep an eye out for?

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone tried the new galaxy buds+ ?
Is there anything new coming to keep an eye out for?

I've been using the Galaxy Buds originals for a year now.

They've never fallen out (but I don't jog :D), the only thing I find lacking is I'd like a bit more base .

The reviews for the Buds+ say they have more base and better call quality so I'm seriously considering retiring the old ones & buying the Buds+ :)

Soldato
For what it's worth, I just picked up a set of the Jabra Elite 75t's. A massive upgrade on the 65t, better battery, better fit, better sound. I'm surprised they haven't had a mention in here yet, as they review extremely well everywhere I've looked.

Yes, they don't officially have any ANC, but honestly they do an unbelievable job without it. The sound quality is superb too, perhaps a bit too bass heavy for some but that can be tweaked with the in app EQ. The app is pretty slick you can choose from some preset EQ settings, or save your own. While the controls on the buds themselves are easy and intuitive.

The hearThrough tech (which can be switched on and off in the app or via the left bud) is excellent and I was surprised at just how effective it was at allowing through traffic noise etc.

The only problem is that at £169 it puts them at the same price range as the XM3s (which seemed to have dropped in price recently), so if you want true noise cancellation then your money is best put on the XM3s. However for sound then the Jabra's are definitely on parr. They look better imo (for what that's worth :p ) and all reviews report a better more secure fit, making them more practical running too.

Caporegime
OP

QCY T5 which are rated as 5 stars (the best rating) on the website I linked are only £19 on ebay too.

I might buy them. I ended up giving the Fiil T1X's to the wife. I never had much use for them outside of running and I only do that in summer really so going to get myself £19 ones for the odd occasion.

The Fiil's are good but without anything to A-B against no idea how good they are compared to others. I certainly couldn't fault them. As for people talking about more bass you could equalise any headphone to do that albeit some may not be capable of reproducing large amounts without distortion.

I already have XM3's (over-ears) for portable use. Need something for use in bed / gym / running so sound quality doesn't need to be stellar. I have also AKg Q701's for gaming. HD600 for music and HD700's for competitive gaming. DT770's for if someone else is in the room whilst listening to music or gaming.

Soldato
What are the thoughts on AnkerUpgraded Neo range?
Amazon (and they're own website) have a voucher. Seeems 5hour battery life, full control via earbuds. Various fittings come with them. Hoping for a bargain at £43.99

Caporegime
So what is the latest opinions on the best wireless earphones then.

Looks like the sony and samsung galaxy buds + are the best?

Back
Top Bottom