Both wing mirrors smashed off

Soldato
OP
Now you've repaired it, how about a dashcam with parking security might be worth the investment and you get the added bonus of on the road security too from the ever growing armies of numpties...
Been wanting to get some years but just never got around to it. It's my birthday next week so I'll use money from that to put towards buying some. I want front and back, over to the dashcam thread I go.

Associate
How would that have helped in this situation?

Is this a genuine question???

I don't know, maybe it would have recorded the perpetrator...?

Been wanting to get some years but just never got around to it. It's my birthday next week so I'll use money from that to put towards buying some. I want front and back, over to the dashcam thread I go.

Yes - I'd go front and rear if I was you.

Soldato
Is this a genuine question???

I don't know, maybe it would have recorded the perpetrator...?
Yes it was. The driver will still have driven off and you aren't going to find yourself magically reimbursed for the damage just because you can see the registration. I think it's pretty unlikely that the police are going to hunt them down and force them to pay you for the damages.

Soldato
what do you drive ? a rocket ship ? :D

Probably something German? Just the mirror glass for my car which is heated and can tint according the the amount of ambient light detected is £300 plus.

That's insane,

Items like wingmirrors should really be engineered to be "Expendable" on the grounds that they are really quite likely to sustain damage from many possible causes (Vandalism being only one of them) and priced accordingly.

An E92 M3 with electric folding with auto dimming mirror glass. The mirror glass is only available from BMW (no 3rd party suppliers) at a rather sickening £300ea. The mirror housing is £500. If the rear cover is also damaged, I think that's about £100 or so on top. Utterly mental prices.

I'm surprised people haven't taken to stealing the mirror glass from auto dimming E92 M3 mirrors - the glass just pops out and for 2nd hand glass on eBay, i'd imagine you could flog a pair for £350. Fingers crossed it stays that way...

Underboss
Yes it was. The driver will still have driven off and you aren't going to find yourself magically reimbursed for the damage just because you can see the registration. I think it's pretty unlikely that the police are going to hunt them down and force them to pay you for the damages.

Dashcam wouldn't have helped because, "both wing mirrors" were smashed as well as his neighbors car mirrors, so unlikely a car, person on foot more probable

Soldato
An E92 M3 with electric folding with auto dimming mirror glass. The mirror glass is only available from BMW (no 3rd party suppliers) at a rather sickening £300ea. The mirror housing is £500. If the rear cover is also damaged, I think that's about £100 or so on top. Utterly mental prices.

I'm surprised people haven't taken to stealing the mirror glass from auto dimming E92 M3 mirrors - the glass just pops out and for 2nd hand glass on eBay, i'd imagine you could flog a pair for £350. Fingers crossed it stays that way...
Not if you tell the world about how valuable they are ;)

Back
Top Bottom