Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Associate
What? All I said was go to the website and go get it again it’s free to play and people are on the servers.

WTF are you on about???

I already bought the game, and don't care if it's free.

I also don't need to timewarp anywhere.

You're the one making all these strange suggestions.

Anyway, misunderstanding. Forget it.

I already bought the game, and don't care if it's free.

I also don't need to timewarp anywhere.

You're the one making all these strange suggestions.

Anyway, misunderstanding. Forget it.

I don't think he is attempting to troll in the slightest. All he was suggesting is that you can download a free version that works with Windows 10 and play with others online by going to http://www.cncnet.org. :)

Associate
I don't think he is attempting to troll in the slightest. All he was suggesting is that you can download a free version that works with Windows 10 and play with others online by going to http://www.cncnet.org. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I was just going by direct interpretation, and having to make assumptions on unnecessarily vague remarks is a little unreasonable.

Perhaps I'm getting too old. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I was just going by direct interpretation, and having to make assumptions on unnecessarily vague remarks is a little unreasonable.

Perhaps, I'm getting too old. :)

Not only that - GG means good game. Which is why I said that at the end of the message.

Something that was said in game if it was a good game but you missed that part.

It’s all good. Anyway can’t wait to play this will get the game when it’s out.

Associate
Not only that - GG means good game. Which is why I said that at the end of the message.

Something that was said in game if it was a good game but you missed that part.

It’s all good. Anyway can’t wait to play this will get the game when it’s out.

I did not miss that part, and know exactly what it means.

I think you are still missing the entire context of the situation, although it appears it is not deliberate.

Anyway, no need to continue with this.

Some distinctive images below of the early Command and Conquer universe, which will hopefully get modern analogues that do the series and its legacy justice.

Red Alert

200px-RA_Heavy_Tank_Ingame.png

Tiberian Sun

That said, I personally prefer the original Red Alert formula of story rather than unit advancement driven development of the series.

Last edited:
Associate
Still remember the huge Tiberian Sun posters and cardboard cut outs surrounding game stores when it was released.

Paid either £20 or £25 for it on release day, which was a lot of money for a game at the time.

It was worth it. :)
I paid £25 for it as well from Tempo. The game was a huge disappointment.

Associate
I paid £25 for it as well from Tempo. The game was a huge disappointment.

I thought it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original Red Alert, but was an okay game in its own regard as a suitable continuation of the series from a purely game design perspective.

I suppose, in some ways, it was the start of the departure from the old Dune/Homeworld type story driven strategy games.

Tanya, below, who came with a full introduction and complete story based role.

latest

Associate
Some distinctive images below of the early Command and Conquer universe, which will hopefully get modern analogues that do the series and its legacy justice.

Red Alert

200px-RA_Heavy_Tank_Ingame.png

Tiberian Sun

That said, I personally prefer the original Red Alert formula of story rather than unit advancement driven development of the series.

Awww if only the top pic was mammoth tanks instead of heavies. At the time I far preferred Red Alert, I think over time I've come to appreciate TS a lot though. Never played CnC.

Associate
Awww if only the top pic was mammoth tanks instead of heavies. At the time I far preferred Red Alert, I think over time I've come to appreciate TS a lot though. Never played CnC.

I think the TS skirmish mode had a tendency to grow on people over time. :)

Also, kind of remember briefly playing CnC after having already played Red Alert, but never really got into it at that point as had my hands full with all the Red Alert expansions and TS. It may have gone under my radar when first released, but definitely do remember Covert Operations.

There was just so much happening with games in those days, and a lot of the stuff still relied on word of mouth and magazines like PC Gamer - which may have been where I got the Covert Operations demo from.

Finally, indeed, I had a strong suspicion I was forgetting something. :D

Mammoth tanks from Red Alert

It's Red Alert Remastered I am getting excited for, hoping that C&C Remastered will get improved AI and a Skirmish mode.

Although I appreciate others like Tiberian Sun, it has never really done it for me, unless you install the Dawn of Tiberium Age which brings all four factions from the first two games together, also something I'd like the Remaster to tackle (not expected though as balancing could be an issue).

Soldato
I thought it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original Red Alert, but was an okay game in its own regard as a suitable continuation of the series from a purely game design perspective.

I suppose, in some ways, it was the start of the departure from the old Dune/Homeworld type story driven strategy games.

Tanya, below, who came with a full introduction and complete story based role.

latest

Original, Meadowhall 1997! Well worth it

GthyuZdh.jpg

l2LPehth.jpg

Back
Top Bottom