What do you do to preserve battery life?

Soldato
You can install a custom ROM, lower the brightness, turn off all functions unused and disable apps.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing.

It's sad that you still have to run your phone at 50% of the brightness sort of thing, or do you, I do.

Soldato
Corrected that for ya.

We're in the era of smartphones these days, not feature phones.

Also I just googled the standby time of a 3210 and it came up at about 11 days. An iphone would beat that quite easily i reckon and still have spare in the tank.

Caporegime
You can install a custom ROM, lower the brightness, turn off all functions unused and disable apps.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing.

It's sad that you still have to run your phone at 50% of the brightness sort of thing, or do you, I do.

Just buy a phone with a massive battery. Plenty of 4000+ mAh toting handsets around.

Associate
I don't, I just charge when required. Not that it is always convenient. Think you got to accept that smart phones won't run for days and manufacturers aren't likely to change that - always seems to be a trade off. Bet in the real world the new S20's with bigger batteries won't last any longer than the previous model!

Soldato
My tips would be:
Don't install Facebook.
Don't charge battery to 100%.
Don't let battery dip below 30% if you can avoid it.

Soldato
I use dark mode but that isn't for battery saving as such. I don't do anything else as my Pixel 2 easily gets through the day and I have a battery bank if it isn't going to.

My partner closes tabs and is in battery saver mode constantly which I think is barmy personally. And she turns off bluetooth when not using it!

Caporegime
At least in the past, there seemed to be some benefit in using Package Disable Pro - knowing all that bloatware was mothballed was good enough for me.

Not sure how effective it is today as Android has probably moved on a bit.

Soldato
If you want massive standby time, buy an iphone.
Or any other phone with a big battery and lower Res LCD

The screen on times do seem very impressive but I'm lucky I guess in that i can easily survive the day and charge at night

What sort of screen on times are people getting on Android ?

My pixel 2 always does over 4 hours which is a days use for me and not bad for 2 years old I guess . All the usual battery drain apps a(Facebook etc)still installed. Seen that some of the newer snapdragons are doing 6+ ?

Soldato

I've owned both android and iphone. My iphone XS (small battery, high res oled) destroyed the standby time on my current Note 10+.

It's one of the things Apple just has better control over.

Associate

The screen on times do seem very impressive but I'm lucky I guess in that i can easily survive the day and charge at night

What sort of screen on times are people getting on Android ?

My pixel 2 always does over 4 hours which is a days use for me and not bad for 2 years old I guess . All the usual battery drain apps a(Facebook etc)still installed. Seen that some of the newer snapdragons are doing 6+ ?
8 hours

Man of Honour
My phone was last charged on Thursday morning and it is still on 76%,
I've wtached videos, took pictures and a couple of 5 minute videos, listened to music and the normal WhatsApp, Facebook and eMail.
It is a Moto G8 Plus so I'm putting it down to being that phone.

Back
Top Bottom