Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Must say I’d like an S2000 sitting in my garage next to my DC5 :cool: (wonders off to measure width of garage :D).

grudas - yours looks great!

What are they like with the old seam sealer cracks that older Hondas ‘seem’ to suffer?

Associate
Has anyone compared the FK8 to the new Focus ST? I think it's between the two of them for my next car and could do with hearing from people who've been in both.
The FK8 is a super thing to drive, is comfortable when you want it to be and is very practical. It’s a better car as long as you can live with the looks and poor infotainment.

Soldato
That car is lovely! When are you thinking of selling?

no actual plans yet! but we'll need to buy a property soon so it might go to make things easier and free up a bunch of money. Will still have fun with it for a while :) no pressure from the other half to sell it and I can't think of a car that I'd replace it with to be fair.

Must say I’d like an S2000 sitting in my garage next to my DC5 :cool: (wonders off to measure width of garage :D).

grudas - yours looks great!

What are they like with the old seam sealer cracks that older Hondas ‘seem’ to suffer?

thanks.

haven't heard of any seam sealer issues on s2000's

the usual honda rust and TCT ticking are most common.

Grudas, that retrimmed interior is awesome! Thats transformational.

it's epic! it actually feels quite special inside which is rare for an older jap car.

Associate
The FK8 is a super thing to drive, is comfortable when you want it to be and is very practical. It’s a better car as long as you can live with the looks and poor infotainment.

The looks aren't too much of an issue for me, I think in a darker colour the 'vents' don't stick out quite so much. Infotainment is also not a priority so long as Android Auto works as it should! The biggest sticking point for me compared to the Focus is the price tbh, the discounts available from Ford seem much more generous.

Associate
The looks aren't too much of an issue for me, I think in a darker colour the 'vents' don't stick out quite so much. Infotainment is also not a priority so long as Android Auto works as it should! The biggest sticking point for me compared to the Focus is the price tbh, the discounts available from Ford seem much more generous.
My thought's too. I like how it looks and I barely use the infotainment. But Carplay does work when I need it. I got mine in polished metal. You'll do well go get much more than £2k off the Type R.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Doing stuff backwards here but is this the correct oils for gearbox and diff please for an S2000:

C1E169B2-3A2A-44BA-896D-6515D90FDF33.jpeg

Also got a vtec filter and the spring and other items to rebuild gear shifter so it’s like new again, though it’s ok but thought can’t do any harm and a pot of Honda grease.

Oil filter is just for supplies as Honda did a major service, valve adjustment and plugs recently.

Gonna do diff and gearbox oils using above if correct? Got 1l of Gear oil and 2l of transmission as believe that’s enough?

What brake fluid should I get to do the clutch fluid? Just basic DOT4 from Halfords?

Shall also treat arches and boot floor area with treatment and repaint to prevent rust.

Associate
Not sure on the s2000 Gibbo but ive had couple of EP's and currently have a late FN2. Both need two bottles of MTF3 for the gearbox its normally 1.9 to 1.9 ltrs.

And i always use castrol performance on the brake fluid dot4. Lasts the 12/24 months and much better performance than standard fluid if you have braided hoses.

OcUK Staff
Not sure on the s2000 Gibbo but ive had couple of EP's and currently have a late FN2. Both need two bottles of MTF3 for the gearbox its normally 1.9 to 1.9 ltrs.

And i always use castrol performance on the brake fluid dot4. Lasts the 12/24 months and much better performance than standard fluid if you have braided hoses.

I got two bottles Honda MTF and one bottle Honda Hypoid Gear.
I am not doing actual brake fluid as that was done on last Honda service, I am on about the clutch fluid which i believe is just regular DOT4?

I am basically just making sure all fluids in car are fresh and rebuilding shifter so its as new, then gonna underseal all the arches and rust prone areas on underside. Then enjoy some VTEC YO, 9000rpm and roof down action. :)

Soldato
I am not doing actual brake fluid as that was done on last Honda service, I am on about the clutch fluid which i believe is just regular DOT4?

I am basically just making sure all fluids in car are fresh and rebuilding shifter so its as new, then gonna underseal all the arches and rust prone areas on underside. Then enjoy some VTEC YO, 9000rpm and roof down action. :)

Have you still got the Clio? For the price of a big service on the Ferrari you could probably upgrade to a DC2 for VTEC. :D

Associate
Have you still got the Clio? For the price of a big service on the Ferrari you could probably upgrade to a DC2 for VTEC. :D

Proper old skool VTEC :D I remember laughing like a lunatic first time I drove my DC2. Most who sat in the passenger seat for the first time did as well :D

Integra related, I rung the neck of my DC5 a bit today, blew some winter cobwebs out as I’ve not really driven it since last October. Makes me chuckle as much as my DC2 did :D

OcUK Staff
What one did you go for gibbo?

2008 moonrock grey, one previous owner and an honest car, got it from Honda so a 12 month Honda warranty too. Had it up on ramps and all key areas arches, subframes are quite clean, no rust, all the none under sealed stuff like wishbones exhaust have all got covered in surface rust but solid so that’s gonna be a job over Summer to just make it look better on underside with some wire brushing and using some bilt hamber products.

Just had a major service including plugs and valve adjustment, plan is to get it get it driving how it did the day it was new and it drives spot on now but be interesting to see how it develops. Will also get a proper alignment on it in future too.

Honda also removed the rubber strips from arches and was spotless below them, removed as they were sagging and had new strips applied now.

Soldato
My s2k hasn't been out since the MOT.. this weather is no fun.

d1ef3950d8e4bc493557ef0106fdb99a.jpg

Associate

Yes mate, the K20 is just standard dot 4 for clutch fluid. Normally enough in the bottle to do the brakes and clutch so you should have more than enough.

Associate
Any thoughts on intakes for the type r? Seeing lots of people reccomend eventuri, it's a £1k intake that allegedly adds circa 25bhp. Can't see how it can make that much difference given that the Intercooler will cool the air before it reaches the engine anyway.

Any thoughts guys?

Back
Top Bottom