• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700 XT XFX Upgrade ?

Associate
Hi everyone.

Has anyone had their 5700XT upgraded by XFX? Saw some posts online saying they were taking early adopters cards and upgrading the fan or the cooler or thermal pads?

Thinking of doing the same with mine, or see if I can just get a refund and re-invest in another 5700XT. The card is fine and runs well, but can get a little hot/loud. Nothing major where ive set a custom fan curve but still better options out there, now that the price has dropped a little too.

TIA!

Caporegime
Bit of a mixed history on here with XFX. First, their products were available, then not, then they were again for seemingly a short time.

Associate
OP
I had a look on youtube for some videos and seems to drop the C temp by about 8c. But, think it takes a while for them to take the card and upgrade it etc. Worth doing but I would rather a full refund and then go for the nitro series now prices have been dropping. Ill see if anyone replies, if not ill update the post if they get back to me with collection etc.

Associate
OP
I agree. Nitro seems like the best version. Ill see what they say, its not a bad card and ive been able to run everything but if i can get a refund for full price which was like £370 I can pay the extra for the Nitro and get new game etc

Associate
I agree. Nitro seems like the best version. Ill see what they say, its not a bad card and ive been able to run everything but if i can get a refund for full price which was like £370 I can pay the extra for the Nitro and get new game etc

It'd be the smartest thing to do in my opinion. Sapphire have made the best AMD/ATI cards for as long as I can remember.

Soldato
This. And then get a Sapphire.

Cheers guys!

Aorus, 4 yr UK warranty on it . think it matches temps of those that are far larger then its self . Gamers Nexus gave is smaller Gaming OC a good review stating best all rounder card for pricing .
4 Yr warranty brings in line more with Nvidia AIBs

Lowest Core temps, Mid Range VRM and Ram temps. One of the quietest RX5700XT cards too

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £810.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi everyone.

Has anyone had their 5700XT upgraded by XFX? Saw some posts online saying they were taking early adopters cards and upgrading the fan or the cooler or thermal pads?

Thinking of doing the same with mine, or see if I can just get a refund and re-invest in another 5700XT. The card is fine and runs well, but can get a little hot/loud. Nothing major where ive set a custom fan curve but still better options out there, now that the price has dropped a little too.

TIA!

I believe replied to you on reddit or another discussion here. Contact XFX to send you replacement cooler for the THICC II. It will be a modified version of the THICC III cooler which is absolutely suberb

Ofc they would require the original receipt to send you the new cooler.

Associate
OP
Aorus, 4 yr UK warranty on it . think it matches temps of those that are far larger then its self . Gamers Nexus gave is smaller Gaming OC a good review stating best all rounder card for pricing .
4 Yr warranty brings in line more with Nvidia AIBs

Lowest Core temps, Mid Range VRM and Ram temps. One of the quietest RX5700XT cards too

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £810.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Interesting. I have an Aorus Mobo so the GPU to match would be nice. I think the other Sapphire is slightly cheaper, different model, looks different - think its just the colour on the fans / rgb?

I bought it online so I've got the email and paypal info so its all good. If it comes back and runs pretty good, ill probably just keep it. If its pants, ill try and get a refund its only about 7-8 months old.

Soldato
Interesting. I have an Aorus Mobo so the GPU to match would be nice. I think the other Sapphire is slightly cheaper, different model, looks different - think its just the colour on the fans / rgb?

I bought it online so I've got the email and paypal info so its all good. If it comes back and runs pretty good, ill probably just keep it. If its pants, ill try and get a refund its only about 7-8 months old.

aye just extra £10 for RGB . Seen the Gaming OC go for £350 but difference between that and the Aorus version is 3yr warranty vs 4 and 2.5 slot vs 3 slot cooler. fans are the exact same- just a thicker heatsink and more heatpipes. Why its able to match or beat sapphire that is both longer , wider and larger diameter fans

though if it comes back most likely you'll end up selling for Next Gen AMD :D

Back
Top Bottom