*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
I like it aswell, seems a lot more responsive aswell (I also removed mixer - done it so gamepass is first then my set of games. Would be better if on the top row/set of recently played game icons you could choose which ones are one there.

I have pins(my Games) as my first section, I can turn on Xbox press RT and it jumps straight to them.

Soldato
For those of you that use a keyboard and mouse with your xbox, what do you do to use a headset with mic? I've got it still plugged in to the controller at the minute but I find it turns itself off if I don't keep wiggling the stick. It's annoying when playing Warzone and I forget to wiggle it and cutting out during a fight.

Soldato
had the same issue when i was playing Forza with my wheel. I used my Kinetic to avoid it until i got my truely wireless headset (steel-series Arctis 9x) that syncs directly to the console with no wires or dongles.

Soldato
Taking a guess I think Microsoft want you to upload to their own platforms ie more advertising revenue for them.
That's what I was thinking but was not sure if there was a issue like PS having a deal in place.

It really peaves me off trying to share screenshots or videos on Xbox compared to how easy it is on the PS.

Soldato
Hi, quick question which I can't find a definitive answer on...

Can I run dual screens from my XBox One? I literally just want to span the game across 2 monitors. 1 game at a time, only me using it.

I've got 2x 24" Monitors that would be great if I could have the game across 2 screens. Will mean I don't need to use the TV in front room.

I have searched on this, but people either wanted to have the screens mirrored, or for 2 people to play at the same time which I don't want.

Soldato
Don’t think you can. You would also end up with the gap between the screens in the middle which would be awful tbh. You would be better off with a single larger screen or just use one of the 24” screens.

Soldato
My Xbox seems to have forgotten my headset has a microphone and it's only working for audio.
I plug my headset into the Xbox one controller via 3.5mm jack. I have tried two different Xbox controllers also.

Game audio etc is working fine but the mic appears to be completely disabled. In audio settings it seemingly picks up the mic as I have the 'monitoring' sliders etc. I can also toggle mic on or off. The in line mic control my headset is also set to on.

I have plugged the headset into my laptop and audio and mic are working perfectly fine so the headset itself is fine. I have tried a different set of earphone as well with a mic in the Xbox and that works perfect so I am even more confused.

Is there anything else I can try?

Soldato
Xbox One X game play DVR question

I press the Xbox Guide button and then press X to record game play of the last 1 minute in 1080p

Does this record record game chat from me on the mic and my friends ?

Thanks Ben

Soldato
Got myself a xone first console to help with the lockdown.
Playing on a 144hz 24" benq monitor it looks ok but would a it be nicer on a TV? 40"?

Soldato
They still haven't made anything better than the blades UI on the 360. It still annoys me that the party/group chat system is far worse than their 2006 implementation.

Booted my One S last night just to see if the dash had improved, it hasn't. Halo collection also wouldn't work so had to delete and redownload 100+GB overnight.

After almost 7 years this is still the best they can do? I'm sure some people are used to it, but I have a Switch and PS4 Pro and both have far better UIs in my opinion.

Bunch of little titles on the first 'tab' and half of them are adverts, upgrading to game pass and buying a sub to Disney+. Neither of which I wish to do and no way to clear or remove them.

I deleted the old groups/channels which seem to have accumulated to strip it back to the bare bones. Just want a simple screen of my games and not pin Halo ornwhatever as a whole option in itself. So had to create a group, then add my games to this group and then pin this to Home but it can't be the first option so you still see a bunch of crap when you first boot in.

The quick start stuff is a nice idea so you don't have to download everything but if all I can do is boot to the menu and not actually start a game what's the point? I get told Halo is ready just to launch it and see I have another 20GB to go before I can actually play. Nice to be able to remove multiplayer though to save some space since I won't be playing online.

s boot to the menu and not actually start a game what's the point
Yeah I hate this. I've never had a game that can be played in any way until the full download is complete. Why they even show it still I don't know. I guess devs didnt adopt it like they should have but then at least ms should remove it as being shown from the games that don't adopt it.

Back
Top Bottom