New crysis game?

Soldato
but it was so hard? loved the first one, the third one too. but the second one, I tried that one over and over but couldn't handle it and my ego wouldn't let me put it onto an easy setting.

The second one was just terrible to me, the malaria mechanic was just annoying and there was no sneaking at all. Everyone just knew where you were all the time which just ruined the fun.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
But I still really enjoyed it. I don't think it was as bad as some people made out. Not as good as the first but a fun game nevertheless
All I remember feeling at the time was a huge letdown. I replayed it many years later and did not find the story or the game to be fun, just enjoyed the graphics. Now that even that is not special anymore I will very likely never play it again. I much preferred Crysis 3 to 2.

V F

V F

Soldato
All I remember feeling at the time was a huge letdown. I replayed it many years later and did not find the story or the game to be fun, just enjoyed the graphics. Now that even that is not special anymore I will very likely never play it again. I much preferred Crysis 3 to 2.

The battles in Crysis 3 were better. Plus the bow was real fun.

Soldato
I liked 3 okay, but the visuals were always dark. I get that it took place in a dome, but I wish there had been more light at least part of the time.

Caporegime
I liked all of them.

But then I am weird. I thought Crysis 1 got a lot better after the aliens showed up. Shooting Koreans was a bit boring tbh. It was Koreans wasn't it? Or Russians. I can't remember :p

V F

V F

Soldato
Shame Crytek lost the plot. Loved Crysis back in the day. The company had so much promise but they just lost their way.

There are times when I'm playing The Division 2 going through all the heavy foliage areas and thinking of Crysis.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just want a new Crysis game that looks like real life and needs 10 RTX2080Tis to run it at 30fps
Not sure if sarcasm. But that is exactly what I want. I used to enjoy upgrading my GPU and running Crysis straight away to see how much the performance improved. Can it run Crysis? :)

It took 2-3 generations to finally get a card that run it 60fps. They should do it do they put high settings for today's best cards. Very high (2022) cards and Ultra Setting (2024) cards. That type of thing where it is clear those settings are there, but meant for future hardware. But we can still enjoy running around very low fps taking screen ***** etc.

Maybe they could even lock those settings where you either need to complete the game or pay it as a DLC to unlock. This would then make it clear in the description what it is to stop people from crying who expect butter smooth gameplay with their latest 2.5K Titan.

Nvidia or AMD really should sponsor such a game. Would help them sell more cards.

Last edited:
Soldato
Moving some image quality settings behind a paywall won't make them pay more attention to PC hardware (so higher IQ), as it would be an extra barrier on top of the price of the hardware and the price of the game for the consumer. Ergo, even a smaller install base. But I could totally see some of the big boys out there selling some Vulkan/DX12, 4k textures, resolutions and RT "DLC". So don't give them ideas. :)

You need to have a gameplay build around that "next Crysis" concept, from AI, physics, graphics, animations, etc. Going that way you'll end up with a very different game compared to the consoles versions. Speaking of which, that 12tf of power would have been nice if they used that for 1080p@30fps games, but for 4k60fps and judging by how 2080ti (13.45tf) is handling things now...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom