Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Nice, my dad drives a 2006 sprinter. He’s had it six years and it’s cost him about £200 in very minor repairs during that time. The reliability and low maintenance on merc vans is insane.
Fingers crossed I’ve got a good one! It’s got 94k miles but for these vans that’s just about broken in. When I test drove it, it felt like it was nearly new. I’ve driven ford and Citroen equivalent and with less mileage and they felt like they were very worn out.

Soldato
Fingers crossed I’ve got a good one! It’s got 94k miles but for these vans that’s just about broken in. When I test drove it, it felt like it was nearly new. I’ve driven ford and Citroen equivalent and with less mileage and they felt like they were very worn out.
When I was spending lots of time in vans we were hiring Transits of all sizes, and you could really feel the difference between new, 2-3 years old and 5-6 years old. This was 2012 so don't know if you can put it down to improved models, or Ford vans getting worn out very fast.

Soldato
have they fixed the obd vulnerability on those sprinters yet?

we lost 5 vans within the space of a month to thieves coding a new key thru the obd port and stealing them (obv with everything inside). ended up selling the remaining ones and getting vw’s instead.

Very interesting, I had no idea. Does this require entry to the van and obd port? I live in a relatively remote area so I think this kind of issue is less of a problem for me (touch wood..). I have seen obd port locks so maybe that’s something I need to look in to as a precaution. Thanks for the info.

When I was spending lots of time in vans we were hiring Transits of all sizes, and you could really feel the difference between new, 2-3 years old and 5-6 years old. This was 2012 so don't know if you can put it down to improved models, or Ford vans getting worn out very fast.
I have noticed exactly the same thing with ford vans. There seems to be a noticeable change in the feel of the van the older it gets, it’s hard to describe other than saying the feel really ‘loose’. This sprinter could have been mistaken for being nearly new so hopefully it doesn’t affect them as much.

Man of Honour
Where did you get those trainers from Vince ? Had a quick google but couldn’t find em

If you google "addidas typ 64 porsche" < not a typo on typ. you should find them. They are available in Porsche Design Knightsbridge and other porsche design stores but also direct through the addidas store. There seems to be a ton of them on ebay/amazon mind you.

They retail at about £130 but it looks like you can pick up a pair for as little as £100. A bargain really as I bought porshe design shoes (loafers) and they were £300 odd and quality wise I wore throught then very quickly. I can't resist the shop when I walk past, have about 5 of their wallets and the wife is always buying me stuff from the knightsbridge store.

Been wearing them the last few nights properly comfortable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very interesting, I had no idea. Does this require entry to the van and obd port? I live in a relatively remote area so I think this kind of issue is less of a problem for me (touch wood..). I have seen obd port locks so maybe that’s something I need to look in to as a precaution. Thanks for the info.

I have noticed exactly the same thing with ford vans. There seems to be a noticeable change in the feel of the van the older it gets, it’s hard to describe other than saying the feel really ‘loose’. This sprinter could have been mistaken for being nearly new so hopefully it doesn’t affect them as much.

yes the obd port is in the passenger footwell, they would smash a window, climb thru code a
New key and be gone in a few mins.

all our vans were tracked and you would find bits of dashboard down the road as they would be ripping it apart to find and remove the tracker.

Could be that the easiest way around this is to pull the obd port and its loom back somewhere else where they cant find it.

Soldato
A Camera.

Vw09lB1.jpg

Last time I had a "proper" camera would have been probably 30 - 35 years ago. I fancy learning the art of photography, and as you can see from this Samsung S10 photo I have a long way to go, and have to say modern cameras are bloody complicated beasts. Even this amateur entry level one.

Man of Honour
yes the obd port is in the passenger footwell, they would smash a window, climb thru code a
New key and be gone in a few mins.

all our vans were tracked and you would find bits of dashboard down the road as they would be ripping it apart to find and remove the tracker.

Could be that the easiest way around this is to pull the obd port and its loom back somewhere else where they cant find it.

Swap pins 14 and 6. Just don't forget and plug something of your own in by mistake

Soldato
have they fixed the obd vulnerability on those sprinters yet?

we lost 5 vans within the space of a month to thieves coding a new key thru the obd port and stealing them (obv with everything inside). ended up selling the remaining ones and getting vw’s instead.

Aren't the Crafters effectively just Sprinters with a different badge?

Edit: Wiki to the rescue, seems they were but aren't as of the current Crafter model.

Soldato
A ring cake tin. I'd have bought one from OCuK but they're out of stock.

20200307-164244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom