How much did you spend on your bed?

Associate
Sound advice, cheap out on the thing you spend around 8 hours per day laying on. :rolleyes:

We bought a Simba mattress for around £700. Worth every penny for us. A decent mattress is something you can't really put a price on, your back will thank you.
Simba super king. Say no more.

Soldato
£100 king size frame from amazon. £700 king size simba mattress, only replaced it 2-3 years ago. First time me and my wife had ever bought our own mattresses. Before that we were using ones inherited from parents houses.

Soldato
Ikea - £280 Frame, £70 for the slats (upgraded to the best ones - Buying an awesome mattress is pointless without good slats to put it on), and £300 for the mattress, which is a pocket sprung with memory foam top layer (HYLLESTAD). Euro King size (200 x 160)

It is the most comfortable setup I have ever slept on. Instantly started sleeping better when I got it. 6 years on and still love it.

The equivalent slats are now £130 but think the rest is similarly priced, although I think they don't do Euro King any more if I remember rightly. Which is annoying for when I need to replace the mattress.

Soldato
Can't remember the exact price, but around £300 or so. Properly sturdy (and very heavy) black metal frame with four tall posts at each corner topped with large brass knobs. Then about the same on a mattress, 1000 pocket springs with memory foam layer.

Caporegime
Spent about a grand on our Super King. I am 6ft 3 and been married for 13 years so a) like my sleep space as worked nights for 4 years so got used to having a double to myself most of the time and b) don't want my feet sticking out the bottom.

Mattress is pocket spring. Just could never get on with memory foam.

Last edited:
Soldato
Slightly related, I can also vouch for getting a mattress topper. We had one on our old mattress, which we now keep to take with us on breaks away as the beds are often too hard.

Soldato
£800 for a king mattress and under boxes with drawers about 8 years ago.
Very good mattress, lots of pocket springs and a degree of memory foam on top.
Still lasting well.

Permabanned
Associate
£3000 for a super king.
£1899 for the bed and £1199 for the mattress.
It's a tv bed so that's in with the price, great for netflix.

Back
Top Bottom