• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
They aint screwing us over though, as we're happy with the prices.

If we wern't, we wouldn't buy.

If you want to play you have to pay. Happy or not doesn't come into it. My biggest issue is the higher price is justified by "moar FPS", then RTX is turned on tanking the FPS ;):p

You couldn't make it up. I'd like to have ray tracing but not if it takes me from a 144Hz to 60Hz experience.

All we're lacking is some competition on both performance and price. Everyone keep your fingers crossed AMD can up their game...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So you are happy to pay £450-500 for Nvidia's 5th tier gpu being that they have RTX titan/2080ti/2080s/2080 all above the 2070s. Proper bargain man, i get we have to fork out when an upgrade is needed but happy is not the word i would use for that price performance.
He is more than happy and so are thousands of more people :p

Nvidia and AMD will keep increasing prices until they find the sweet spot for maximum profits. So if people are happy to lay say £600 for 5th tier performance, that is what the norm will become. Vote with your wallet and all that.

Soldato
I’m quite surprised the Xbox new console is supposedly packing 13 teraflops and hardware level raytracing... wonder how transferable this tech is to pc gaming

Soldato
I’m quite surprised the Xbox new console is supposedly packing 13 teraflops and hardware level raytracing... wonder how transferable this tech is to pc gaming
Considering its an apu then I think we will see much better in the cards that release this year. From both teams I have a gutfeeling that this will be a larger jump than usual as 4k has been around a long time now with more console owners using it than pc users on their tv, 4k monitors are now cheap enough to be a consideration too and cost the same as a 1440p high refresh ones, I picked up a beauty for 200 myself so looking forward to 4k being the new 1080p in the next year

I remeber when 800x600 and 1024x768 was the bees knees and we surpassed that fairly rapidly

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Performance increases for the same price has definitely slowed to a crawl, there is no denying it no matter how people try to defend it.

My GPU upgrades always went by the rule - an average of 50% performance increase for the same price I paid as my previous GPU. This used to mean a GPU upgrade at least every other generation, if not every gen up until a couple of years ago.

Now it means to stick to my rule its being pushed out to every 3rd or possibly 4th generation that I upgrade. Which simply means I'm actually now spending less money on my PC because of the lackluster price to performance increases these last couple of generations.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
My GPU upgrades always went by the rule - an average of 50% performance increase for the same price I paid as my previous GPU. This used to mean a GPU upgrade at least every other generation, if not every gen up until a couple of years ago.

basically my view, i want to double performance per upgrade as in its something il really notice, so currently im on a gtx1070 and will need a rtx2080ti to double its performance really. so hopefully a 3070 but i expect that to be a £500+ upgrade maybe when they hit £400 il be tempted, as i paid around £380 for the 1070 just before prices got silly due to bitcoin.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well yes it was back in October 2018 when the article was written, but things have moved on somewhat since then.

Whilst the prices have adjusted somewhat, the point is the promised RTX games have been few and far between. So time has moved on and there has been little to no benefit of RTX if hardly any games offer it.. people could have been purchasing a GTX 2070 for less money but hey ho.

Associate
I crumbled yesterday and bought a 2080ti.

I got an EVGA hydro copper 2080ti for £1k so was a good deal. Too many variables at the moment with release dates and price for the new gen. Also, the 3080ti is gonna be £1200 minimum and then I’d need a waterblock on top. I am the worlds most reliable crumbler!

Soldato
I crumbled yesterday and bought a 2080ti.

I got an EVGA hydro copper 2080ti for £1k so was a good deal. Too many variables at the moment with release dates and price for the new gen. Also, the 3080ti is gonna be £1200 minimum and then I’d need a waterblock on top. I am the worlds most reliable crumbler!
Am also thinking of ordering a 2080ti as I now been waiting months and there still no firm release details on the 3000 series :(

For all we know it could take till Christmas or even later to get your hands on a 3080ti

Associate
I see that minimum 2080 Ti prices on OCUK have went up by £100 since a month. I wonder if this is supply constraint (cronoavirus or something else). I would have wondered if it was a sign of EOL (with 3000 series incoming), but the timing seems off. Either way, consumer is losing (again).

GAC

GAC

Soldato
There was no virus when the 2080ti was released and it still took months for good stock

depends when its "launched" here really if its sep/oct you'd expect good stock for christmas to maximise the time of year, if its a later launch yeah we may not see good stocks till the middle of next year.

Soldato
I see that minimum 2080 Ti prices on OCUK have went up by £100 since a month. I wonder if this is supply constraint (cronoavirus or something else). I would have wondered if it was a sign of EOL (with 3000 series incoming), but the timing seems off. Either way, consumer is losing (again).
they seem to have loads of the 2070s in stock and am sure there prices have gone up as well

Associate
I bought a 2080ti last week. Absolute beast, loving it :). Will be upgrading again when the 30 series do release but for now I have no regrets.

Glad I’m not the only one!
It was a gamble either way, wait for a better card with the risk that if they are delayed, current gen will continue to price rise. 2080ti will be good enough for me anyway, prob make it last until 4080ti haha

Associate
And the 3080ti Hydro Copper will be £1600 if the pricing is the same. So the rumours of a 50% performance gain, if true make my purchase line up quite well in an economic sense. £1000 vs £1600

Associate
Life is for living in the now in my opinion :). I love gaming, I fancied an upgrade and so I went for it. I’ve had my system for over 2 years, it deserved an upgrade :p. I came from a 1080ti, so I’m getting the “smallest” performance increase but I still feel it was worth it. I’ve just de-lidded my 8700K and been ordering bits for my water cooling system.
Yeah I agree.
I recently sold my 1080ti to find the next iteration of cards but with all this messing around I decided to jump now. I’ll still see gains and also a small intro to RTX.
I had a 8600k before my current cpu (9700k) and delidding dropped 15 degrees from my temps so it’s a good move!

Back
Top Bottom