How much did you spend on your bed?

Soldato
I’ve not found anything to beat the IKEA idea of having 2 separate mattresses in one U.K. King size frame. Firm sprung mattresses with the King size topper. No rolling into the middle and you don’t feel the other sleeper move. Until she steals the duvet anyhow.

Associate
The first bed I bought as an adult was just under £1000, it was a double ottoman bed and that was around 10 years ago, wasn't even that good, I bought it's replacement, a double divan around 5 years ago, which was on sale at bensons for £400 with a pocket sprung mattress.
It's doing its job, but I'm expecting it to break shortly, it's just not a quality product.
It's starting to become quite uncomfortable at the moment, I'm waking up with back pain in the mornings, so when funds allow, I plan to build a solid wooden bed frame and shop around for a decent mattress, after trying different types out in the shops.

Soldato
About £1000 for a super king from Lee Longlands, wife’s choice I might have spent a bit less, but solid so can’t complain.
£1400 ish on Super a king mattress from JohnRyan. Most comfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on.
A lot of money but I spend a third of my life in it so why skimp.

Soldato
The frame is less of a big deal, so long as its capable of withstanding a good pounding (my wife and I once broke a cheap IKEA frame while going at it, the frame bowed out and the slats just fell through) and doesn't squeak.

The mattress is well worth some thought and investment though

Soldato
We spent between £2-£3k in total, probably at the lower end of that though. I don't think spending a bomb on the frame is worth it as expensive doesn't necessarily mean nice, but the mattress was definitely worth splashing out on.

Soldato

King size bed with dual layers of memory foam on top of the mattress (stitched on so the whole thing is one whole unit)

I love my bed, hard to get out of it in the mornings though as it's so warm and comfy.

That was just the mattress, frame was another 150 or so.

Soldato
Spent about £950 on a mattress last Nov, double layer pocket spring with latex and an integrated topper. It's just so comfortable, it's amazing.

Only issue with being double layer is it's quite thick at 36cm, so needed all new extra deep fitted sheets which cost a fortune! :eek:

Soldato
£1300 for bed and mattress Inc a £85 8 year warranty which we figured for that money may be worth a punt. Got an ottoman divan so it gives us better storage and mattress is pocket spring but memory foam on top. Took a while to soften up but it's dead comfy. Generally wouldn't do finance but got 3 year 0% so I only own 2/3 so far which is my side :)

Caporegime
We are due another mattress change (had the old one 10 years). Last one cost £1,200 for the mattress. We are currently looking at £1600 to £2000 for our new one.

I read something years ago which stuck with me that we will quite happily pay thousands for a new sofa and change them more often than 10 years yet only use them for a few hours each day compared with up to 8 hours in bed yet people bawk at paying even as much as they do on their sofas.

If you have an uncomfy bed then you dont sleep as well and it affects your entire life and even your health.

We are currently trying to decide on which Harrison Spinks mattress to buy.

https://www.harrisonspinks.co.uk/harrison/seasonal-turn/emerald-2018-14-000

We stayed in a 5 star hotel last year and without doubt this was the comfiest bed we had ever slept in. So much so that I came back from reception to discover my partner had all the pillows, and sheets off the bed and mattress propped up against the wall to find the label!!!!!!

I had to leave a note and an extra tip to cover that one

Associate
The other half & I went looking at new beds & matresses over the weekend. We visited Dreams & Bensons. All we found, was that everything was either rubbish, or stupidly expensive.

We've currently got an ikea frame (Malm) & matress (Hovag), and we're only looking to change as we're moving from a double to a king. We've got a few frames we're looking at in the £300-£350 mark, and going to go with the Hovag matress (£230) again, and I think we'll be happy sleeping with >£1000 more in the bank.

Caporegime
The other half & I went looking at new beds & matresses over the weekend. We visited Dreams & Bensons. All we found, was that everything was either rubbish, or stupidly expensive.

We've currently got an ikea frame (Malm) & matress (Hovag), and we're only looking to change as we're moving from a double to a king. We've got a few frames we're looking at in the £300-£350 mark, and going to go with the Hovag matress (£230) again, and I think we'll be happy sleeping with >£1000 more in the bank.

How much did your sofa cost? Always spend more on your mattress than your sofa.

Back
Top Bottom