What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Picked the M3 up yesterday from Redish, had the Rod Bearings done, along with Engine Mounts, Brake Fliud Change and they diagnosed my brake vibration to a N/S/R caliper, when it gets heat in it starts to bind, but spins free enough on the ramp! So had two rear calipers fitted as well :)

Soldato
Did a front and rear brake pad change on a Mercedes b class for a friend. First time I've encountered rear calipers with an electric handbrake, a bit of head scratching and a quick Google and we'd deactivated the handbrake using the workshop settings on the dash. Clever.

Associate
Thats gorgeous! Not seen any on the road. where are in the country?

I've not seen any yet either. Plenty of regular GTIs and Golf Rs around here - in Northants

It definitely looks better now, but if they all came with the stickers you've just shaved some money off its re-sale value. :p

Stickers are a ~£500 optional extra. I bought a car already in stock as I couldn't place a factory order. Got a great price on this one. Stickers had to go :)

I don't think I'll be selling this for a long time.

Don
In prep for summer bought some bmw 20" comp wheels, and the first part of what will be every feasible carbon option for my car, still to arrive is MPE exhaust (with carbon tips ofc), carbon side skirts, carbon front lip and probably some other stuff I cant remember.

gunHTHZ.jpg
45QvaTT.jpg

Soldato
Picked the M3 up yesterday from Redish, had the Rod Bearings done, along with Engine Mounts, Brake Fliud Change and they diagnosed my brake vibration to a N/S/R caliper, when it gets heat in it starts to bind, but spins free enough on the ramp! So had two rear calipers fitted as well :)

Nice!

Can i ask how much they sold you the pair of calipers for? I'm guessing they took your old ones back in exchange?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Pads were getting pretty low on the front of Abarth, so grabbed a set of pads some weeks ago on one of the ECP Winter deals, £40 for a front pair of pajid with sensors and being Brembo calipers had the front pads changed out in under an hour, all went fine, easy job and then a quick wash:

a1.jpg

a3.jpg
a4.jpg

For a city car on steroids it is a lot of fun, quite old school in its way of power delivery and mechanical LSD (Performance Pack) car, great fun.

Associate
Terrible photo:p , but a quick wash to get off all the storm dust blown into the garage.

Now back under a cover until the weather improves -

1-EE4301-F-7-D35-41-FE-8733-98-F954-AE0744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom