• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Type in Google ps5 delayed 2021 it seems in the last 36hrs almost all media networks are picking up on the Forbes article from a week ago, Fortune magazine has one you should read too

Is that the same Forbes that printed an article on March 1st saying that "Sony are definitely not releasing Playstation 5 information in February"?

Caporegime
Type in Google ps5 delayed 2021 it seems in the last 36hrs almost all media networks are picking up on the Forbes article from a week ago, Fortune magazine has one you should read too
Forbes don't know squat and nor does anyone outside of Sony.

Not saying it won't happen, or that it isn't likely - I really don't know.

It wasn't due to the very end of the year anyhow, so a delay into 2021 might only be a month or two delay from the planned launch. Or it could be longer.

Nobody knows. Forbes sure as heck don't. They just want clicks/subs like most of these "news" sites.

Associate
Forbes don't know squat and nor does anyone outside of Sony.

Not saying it won't happen, or that it isn't likely - I really don't know.

It wasn't due to the very end of the year anyhow, so a delay into 2021 might only be a month or two delay from the planned launch. Or it could be longer.

Nobody knows. Forbes sure as heck don't. They just want clicks/subs like most of these "news" sites.

We shall see what happens...

Soldato
I think I'd be annoyed if anything is 30fps in the next gen. We need 60fps to be the benchmark for everything now.

Depends for me.

Some games feel cinematic at 30. A flame at 60fps always looks crappy but at 30fps it looks brilliant.

Also a steady 30fps beats a targeted 60fps that the hardware cannot quite sustain.

Certain games are better at 60 though such as driving games, and games with menu's.

Associate
Depends for me.

Some games feel cinematic at 30. A flame at 60fps always looks crappy but at 30fps it looks brilliant.

Also a steady 30fps beats a targeted 60fps that the hardware cannot quite sustain.

Certain games are better at 60 though such as driving games, and games with menu's.

All this talk of 4k 60/120fps, and I'm thoroughly enjoying The Witcher 3 on my Switch at 30fps and 720p!

I'm into graphics as much as the next guy, but if the gameplay doesn't back it up, what's the point?

Caporegime
They may still go with the performance/graphics options that we are having now. For those people who have TVs with Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) there could be an unlocked option but it may not be a stable 60fps, which will be fine as the TV will correct for that. And for everybody with no VRR there could be a solid 30fps option.

Of course, ray tracing could throw a spanner in the works and we'll still have 30fps across the board. I don't think Xbox will go this route though. If the games are to run on the Xbone consoles then XSX will probably manage 60fps or even 120fps in some games at 4K.

That could be one of the differentiators next gen - PS5 with never-before-seen graphics at 4K30 and the XSX with slightly less fancy graphics but a higher framerate.

Caporegime
Only last week AMD said both consoles are on-track for this year in their financial day meeting. China is getting back to normal each passing day. Don't worry, you'll have them under your Christmas tree.

Soldato
They won't get delayed - well of course the world could descend into "end times" but cannot see that happening. Not saying there might not be so many consoles available at launch, so maybe people will have to wait for the second manufacturing run - but I personally think these will launch as planned.
People keep on seeing Sony's lack of public information as some kind of delay because of "problems". Sony are just releasing information in their own time, they won the current generation "war" and don't need to accelerate their already planned release.

Associate
OP
The PS4 Pro is gonna get a bit more action this year it looks like.

I’d be very surprised if they get the PS5 out this year now.

Back
Top Bottom