Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Oof, hold on to your butts.

Nasdaq is where worst of the overbuying has happened the last couple of years, but it'll take everything else down with it.

Soldato
Oof, hold on to your butts.

Nasdaq is where worst of the overbuying has happened the last couple of years, but it'll take everything else down with it.
AMD has been holding up surprisingly fairly well so far given how overvalued it is, as has tesla.
I'm quite negative on the Dow, reckon 21000 then 15000. FTSE 100 has been predictably falling just as hard after lagging behind all the way up during the bull market. I fail to see good times ahead at the moment. Brexit still ongoing mixed with tackling a possible pandemic is not good news for us.
Markets can soon turn around, often when not expected, so I'll be looking for long term buying opportunities but not just yet.

Soldato
Electric isnt the solution especially, sure its good for city centres but the electric comes from a power station. Ive always liked natural gas or LPG otherwise known as camping gas, both of which have breathable fumes obviously like the gas on the cooker. Why USA isnt using its giant reserves for fuel is silliness and UK even should find this cheaper. Octane rating for nat gas is 150 over 100 at best for petrol, lots of potential for smart use there.

I see BP went down to 280p, thats a flush based on hot money. Anyone who isnt leveraged who can buy small and not care about the price for the next 6 even 18 months shouldnt be unhappy about this price same way Intel for years sub 20 paying nice yield was just fine to buy.
The yield makes savings account really not worth it, thats how I view it. I know its with some risk but cash is a certain loss of a few percent. The cost of money isnt going to make oil unwanted afaik, measured in gold the oil price might fall or just fix the worth of money as it was 2000 or whatever year. Use an inflation calc and price doesnt make sense without defaults on bonds, a proper deflation. Bonds lead shares so I would conclude this is volatility not a proper decline like 2008 had defaults

When does the run on the banks start?

When people stop paying their mortgages and general population reduces occupancy etc. Takes a while longer then this reduction via a virus.
The only real contagion larger risk that is not going away is failure via excessive debt, QE programs etc. the end game on that is cash is trash like the 1970's uk can have inflation of 30% a year but that doesnt make me scared to buy the companies in ft100 which sell to sensible regimes some of which have solid money for decades.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why should it? Buy Electric, until then the fuel duty escalator should go back on.
Where do you think the government will generate revenues from as we all turn to electric? They'd not going to kiss goodbye to what must be 90pence or more per litre, currently.
Lower fuel prices, globally, might be bad for the sale of electric vehicles. Main reason people buy them is for the wallet I think. WHile the UK wont benefit much from lower oil prices due to tax, many countries will.

Back
Top Bottom