Parquet Flooring 1960s

Soldato
Did say it was horrible. Had it been nice herringbone or a designed pattern then maybe it would have stayed. This just feels like 1960s/1970s early laminate lol.

spent today painting the walls and new lights are up. You can’t see the original 5 bulb brass chandelier which was in that room. Now a new modern Philips Hue ceiling light in its place. Slowly getting there and the floor will be last step once it’s all here and I have the time.

the “parquet” is going on eBay as job lot. It’s sell or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t it’s going to the skip in a few weeks.
Yes you did say it was horrible lol
I was thinking real parquet blocks
Like you get from old churches and
Places like that the stuff that
Lasts forever
Not that **** you got lol

Associate
OP
Managed to find some time today to start the removal and replacement of the floor. It is an absolute pig to get up. Using a long handled floor scraper to wedge the tiles up. Took me an hour to 2 sections on the main wall. So about 7m2.

y4mopNvFzt6_hlElH12avgE_FgMFNUzmGQRoTYsk_ZAJdx22pQbVuWcu3AV92AyoIoacqdJ0lrfd7Om9mkZ3_oXPjXS1vYAG652GrrvGXLcSzI9USRdDk5aZC--FBcP5SziJEScwL-QQ6LIXmSPx4QSIjb0P3OXTj4zk3zK0LApvUxo69ikzqCfCsSNn25T7yPLpAfaAFLr8DneBA5rcp72oA

Had to go out for afternoon for a few hour but thought I would best some floor down to cove the black sticky mess. First put down a dpm sheet following by Cloud 9 CushNWood underlay with the laminate in top. Been an ok install so far. Floor is in good condition. Had to fill a few chips/faults where the lifting tiles took loose screed out. Quick fix with rapid set cement and it was smooth. The underlay is dealing with other minor imperfections.

Far more to our taste now.

y4mXQbGlsychoiSiz2cI5sE0ygdSnhMHwI1Xx70jZEOzRV4Vji-6dFuB6EaVZqz-GKedHHsnD_UPWD-33TDHTk8bqmSTg_cEPHTZjjJzCeULdSa1gOaIRk0YESIcxNP6AbHUJxzTjZlPlhNg3Qfqak9q-fyol3abaH7a8FWhDbUhd-iFeCA6by0tLkND4Gr2DJT80NRd1SL1RzSBOBo05uujQ

Here is the room before we moved in. Brown carpet over the wood floor and textured wallpaper. Been a long few weeks as I completed a bedroom at the same time

y4mYYy0fttHh9E-BRnWYsUXtpe9ZL6GIxsk-N_Hnw-eA0wqGaVCumorp2ewMZhJ3mnp84ZDUfNZVPaoJMu2sVXpOLDcPWuCl6ppRq3YF3ZRWFPZGR-kqpqsIozqKURMrAkO0rOEkBpeRnk5s3TEDX6CATpHPjRqeuuRey_GM-NlLne58zE4NWWOXSq1LxIoB9Fj4l2AD2EIXK6abHznliN8Tw

Soldato
Dam good progress
... you, evidently didn't need heat, or any mechanical assistance to lift them; resellable or, many damaged ?

Associate
OP
Heat would probably have made it easier but just a £20 scraper from screwfix and some brute force and ignorance is doing the job so far. A few have splintered. They are coming up in broken lots so not full 4x4 tiles but usually 1x2 or 3x1 etc. It is maybe sellable but its taking up so much room that its just going to the skip. That small section took 5 bin bags to get out the house and I need the space for other project. Can't load the bags too much or they get really heavy and split.

Back
Top Bottom