Keeping up to date with industrial business news

Permabanned
Hi

I have decided to dedicate 15-20 minutes per day to keeping up to date with business related developments in the sector relevant to my role (chemicals and pharmaceuticals). My role is technology and R&D focused so I have a good understanding of the technical side of things but adding to my business acumen will be important if I want to gain promotion etc. I know 15 minutes per day is not a huge amount but I believe a little goes a long way, especially with discipline.

Obviously I am aware of the FT, but was wondering if anyone has any additional recommendations where news can be filtered by sector etc. I don't mind paying a subscription, actually I encourage it as I believe paying for a service would make me more disciplined in terms of making the best use of it.

Thanks

Soldato
The Economist? Not sector focused as such, but is business focused and may help in making connections between developments in business generally and your industry? It's also a bit more digestible since it's a weekly publication (though does have something small daily as well). Otherwise, industry specific publications maybe?

I was told years ago I needed to improve my commercial knowledge and I went and signed up to the FT and Economist. Found it much easier to stick to the Economist (though that's dropped now :p).

Good for you for doing this :) I think 15 min a day is plenty - the knowledge will build up over time and give you a nice overview of the market.

Back
Top Bottom