I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
Is the update through using an audrino, or can it be done in a normal way? thanks.

I believe the Pro has a bootloader, so you'd update the firmware through the Arduino IDE.

If it hasn't or you go for a non pro, you'll need an Arduino board as well as some cables to do it.

J

Soldato
Loving the Ender 3D Pro. Hasn't stopped since Wednesday :)

p-VJj-GMt-IQIa-Ykq86-Cn-N-g.jpg

Wind sim for my race sim, started getting rints that wouldn't stick woith the black pla, so switched to Geeetech stuff and it was bang on!

What is anyones opinion on the auto leveling BLtouch for the Ender? Thanks

Associate
I am hoping you guys can help me.

I am looking to buy a 3D printer in the next few days (bonus pay day :) ), i was planning on spending no more than around £350 and so thought the Flashforge Adventurer 3 would be ideal (as a friend has the Flashforge Finder which he highly rates), however i have heard great things about Creality and so want some opinions.

Should i go for the Flashforge Adventurer 3, the Creality Ender 5 or something else?

My only concern with the Ender 5 is no auto bed levelling?

Sorry i should have said, I really want a heated bed and prebuilt machine.

If its really worth it i could up the budget to £400 max.

Thanks
Dan

Soldato
Dan
I would recommend you start off with something quite cheap, work your way up.
The ender 3 pro, i paid £230 for it is a great entry level machine, its been non stop since wednesday, after it took me 45 mins to build. It gave me a better understanding on how the printer works. Heated bed, magnetic sheet for the bed, plenty of mods to print off, auto leveling is about £40 for BLTouch, a near silent board is £40. You would still be under your budget.

I think most printers these days, the ones I looked at have some assembly required.

The Flashforge has quite a small print bed also, you would probably want to start printing bigger things sooner than later.

Associate
I am hoping you guys can help me.

I am looking to buy a 3D printer in the next few days (bonus pay day :) ), i was planning on spending no more than around £350 and so thought the Flashforge Adventurer 3 would be ideal (as a friend has the Flashforge Finder which he highly rates), however i have heard great things about Creality and so want some opinions.

Should i go for the Flashforge Adventurer 3, the Creality Ender 5 or something else?

My only concern with the Ender 5 is no auto bed levelling?

Sorry i should have said, I really want a heated bed and prebuilt machine.

If its really worth it i could up the budget to £400 max.

Thanks
Dan

In my option, for a first printer a standard Ender 3, is the way to go. NOTE, you must be prepared to hack a little with a budget machine, the Ender 3 (Standard) benefits greatly from updated firmware. You can enable manual mesh bed leveling and effectively forget the need for ABL (Auto Bed Leveling). The standard Ender 3 costs £169 delivered from the UK, the money saved could be spend on a few upgrades or quality filament.

I used to sell them and never had a problem with them.

OR

If you can wait and want little to no hassle and great customer service get a Prusa Mini. They are £360 but currently a long lead time June 2020 I believe.

J

Soldato
Thanks both!

I can get an Ender 3 Pro for £195 delivered which seems like great value.

I can then look at the BL Touch you have suggested later down the line if needed.

Where can you get it at that price mate, I can maybe get a partial refund form Amazon, dont ask dont get :)

Soldato
Direct from Creality on Aliexpress is £193, delivered from a UK warehouse.

Cheers.
It was an independent retailer selling on Amazon, so wont try for it.. Also, many thanks for the manual mesh bed levelling tip, looks excellent. Need to look further into getting it on the pro 3.

Soldato
Got myself a new silent board for the Ender 3, put THD firmware on it, enabled mesh bed leveling. The printer is silent aprt from the fans now, and the bed leveling sytem is workng a treat.
This could become adictive. :)

Associate
Got myself a new silent board for the Ender 3, put THD firmware on it, enabled mesh bed leveling. The printer is silent aprt from the fans now, and the bed leveling sytem is workng a treat.
This could become adictive. :)

Did the same thing to my Ender 5, that new board makes a world of difference plus I added a Bltouch as well, getting great results from it currently printing a DC comics Batman diorama which is huge had to scale it down to 60% to get it to fit on my printers bed, 56 stl files in total.

Soldato
Thinking about gettin gone or the one from TDH guys, EAZBL I think it is called..

Anyone been on thingverse tonight, they have updated their website and it sucks now, search function is absolutely knackered now!

Back
Top Bottom