Holidays 2020

Caporegime
People are still booking holidays even with corona virus surely having massive potential to turn it into a holiday from hell.

Wow. I've decided not to book this year now and book at least 2 next year.

Soldato
I’m going to Spain in June, unless it’s cancelled due to the airline, I’m still going.

I’m fortunate enough to have a very good immune system, I’m 30 now and haven’t had cold for years, never had the flu either.

Soldato
We're due to fly to Portugal in less than 4 weeks with few mates. Got villa booked in a small village so it's only the flights that bother me at this stage. Then at the end of April/ beginning of May flying to Vienna. Both trips booked a while back.

Soldato
21 days until our trip to lanzorote paid for long before the Corona virus became an issue. Still no cases on the island so we will be going unless the government changes it’s advice to only essential Travel and I can claim on my insurance.

Soldato
Got nothing booked till December 2020 up to now and its free cancellation till month before So I'm leaving as is for now , as for other trips thru the year we tend to book spontaneous so I'm holding off on those for now

Associate
21 days until our trip to lanzorote paid for long before the Corona virus became an issue. Still no cases on the island so we will be going unless the government changes it’s advice to only essential Travel and I can claim on my insurance.

Were flying out on the 26th no plans to cancel

Soldato
Were flying out on the 26th no plans to cancel
I will happily cancel if the government tells me it is only safe to make essential trips as then the insurance company will pay out, the length of time they have left it before saying this about northern Italy leads me to believe that it is more likely that the Spanish government will close the island before that happens and fingers crossed with no confirmed cases on the island we will get lucky as some sunshine is definitely needed!

Soldato
No issues ahead of flying to Sri Lanka this Friday, cricket hasn't been called off either. First flight out to Doha on Qatar airways has the plane less than 25% full; not sure if this is related to CV19 but I quite like an empty plane where it's a bit more roomy.

Caporegime
I’m going to Spain in June, unless it’s cancelled due to the airline, I’m still going.

I’m fortunate enough to have a very good immune system, I’m 30 now and haven’t had cold for years, never had the flu either.

You do realise you being 30 and having a decent immune system will have zero impact on the fact if you are forced to be quarantined? Because if infected you will pose a danger to others. Or do you not care about infecting the young, elderly or those with underlying health conditions and killing them?

Soldato
I normally do a lot of holidays and trips, last year did Thailand and NW USA for a month at a time, but this year gone cold turkey as me and Mrs emigrating to Australia for good in November, so saving the pennies!

Soldato
You do realise you being 30 and having a decent immune system will have zero impact on the fact if you are forced to be quarantined? Because if infected you will pose a danger to others. Or do you not care about infecting the young, elderly or those with underlying health conditions and killing them?
Honestly, I don’t care much for the people outside my immediate family circle.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

People are still booking holidays even with corona virus surely having massive potential to turn it into a holiday from hell.

?

I'd love to get stuck in Lindvallen!

Oh and:-

It doesn't really affect kids so it's not a great danger to them, and we have too many old people - might end up being some cheap cruise deals next year :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don
Supposed to be off to Vietnam Saturday but they have now effectively banned UK visitors

Reports are insurers are paying out as it's a visa issue and that's customer problem

They have said UK visitors now cant enter under Visa waiver prob and they aren't giving UK people Visas

Fortunately my main flights are in and out of BKK so I can rescue something and some hotels are cancellable but I still stand the be over £1k out of pocket if they don't pay

Associate
Supposed to be off to Vietnam Saturday but they have now effectively banned UK visitors

Reports are insurers are paying out as it's a visa issue and that's customer problem

They have said UK visitors now cant enter under Visa waiver prob and they aren't giving UK people Visas

Fortunately my main flights are in and out of BKK so I can rescue something and some hotels are cancellable but I still stand the be over £1k out of pocket if they don't pay
That's concerning for me. I'm moving to Thailand in one month and my biggest fear is that something similar might occur there. Very tempted to move things forward and get out while I can.

Soldato
Supposed to be taking hols in April to visit mother but if I bring the virus with me I'd never forgive myself, on the other hand if she catches it anyway and I never see her again I'll never forgive myself for not seeing her one last time, arrgh.

Back
Top Bottom