New YouTube / twitch start up question.

Soldato
Hello all,

As per title, I've recently started a YouTube channel and twitch, I'm looking to grow, I've done / got all the usual social media sites to help with that, but does anyone know of any sort of sites that new content creaters can join and help each other in the startup phase, or even colab with slightly bigger youtubers to help get noticed in what is a crowded market, I feel if there was a site new ppl can join to get help or advice or even get subs if it's something you like.

If this isn't a thing why not? Someone should make it.

Caporegime
best tip id give you is try and be specialized ith what you do and dont cover what all the masses do. especially gaming. its hard starting out but put work effort in you will get your rewards. it isnt easy and this is why many after a short period stop doing it. be realistic about what you want to achieve set little goals. social media is massive. learn when to put your videos out. there is loads of videos on youtube to help.

Man of Honour
I think there is an optimum video frequency and optimum video length on youtube. I don't know what it is but I've heard it referred to a few times. So that would be worth checking.

Associate
Not sure if something like that exists. Recently started doing it for fun too.

Only thing I can say is keep it consistent. Streaming and content creation can be 2 different things. One you need to be entertaining constantly or really good at the game.

Making YT video requires ideas to make videos that people will search for. Try making tips and tricks videos or something like that

Soldato
OP
All great ideas thank you, just a shame there's not a Facebook page for example for new YouTube creaters to join share tips and tricks ideas or help jump-start the channel with some extra views, I must have spend hours last week looking for sites for banners / thumbnail creation tips, or maybe that's my channel right there, share the info I've spend hours researching lol, no one take my idea lol

Or if someone's free and got the time, make up a quick Facebook page for new content creaters to join, I'm happy to spread the word in my own videos and friends videos. Could turn out to be a decent community, upload new vids / links.

Last edited:
Associate
All great ideas thank you, just a shame there's not a Facebook page for example for new YouTube creaters to join share tips and tricks ideas or help jump-start the channel with some extra views, I must have spend hours last week looking for sites for banners / thumbnail creation tips, or maybe that's my channel right there, share the info I've spend hours researching lol, no one take my idea lol

Or if someone's free and got the time, make up a quick Facebook page for new content creaters to join, I'm happy to spread the word in my own videos and friends videos. Could turn out to be a decent community, upload new vids / links.

Check out reddit.com/r/twitch might be exactly what you're looking for

Regarding, banners, overlays, logo's you either need to learn the Adobe products or get someone on Fiverr to design you something.

Soldato
OP
Check out reddit.com/r/twitch might be exactly what you're looking for

Regarding, banners, overlays, logo's you either need to learn the Adobe products or get someone on Fiverr to design you something.
I'll take a look at that link when I get home, still Facebook might be a good idea for a community, easy to use.

Funnily enough I found that fiverr site last night and had a look.

Associate
I'll take a look at that link when I get home, still Facebook might be a good idea for a community, easy to use.

Funnily enough I found that fiverr site last night and had a look.
Tbh I cant stand using Facebook and I'm sure others out there feel similar hence it isn't the number one option

Soldato
First reply is the best you going to get unless you have cash to throw at it or affiliates already established.

If you do something thats not been drowned out in content, then you shouldnt be shoved as low in search results.

Soldato
First reply is the best you going to get unless you have cash to throw at it or affiliates already established.

If you do something thats not been drowned out in content, then you shouldnt be shoved as low in search results.

You missed the obvious transition to a women, wear very little or cosplay clothing and suck in the perv dollar.

Soldato
Good luck.
Honestly if you want to grow you should be starting on TikTok.
Twitch and Youtube give zero traction to beginners and the chance to pop is incredibly small.

Twitch for example:
2.2 Million broadcasters and only 27,000 are partners. The number is even less for those partners that are able to be full time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the key to youtube/twitch videos is to be unique. Let your personality come through.

If you're playing a popular game then there will be thousands of other people playing that game too. So you have to present yourself as the most easiest person to relate too.

That's what I usually look for. Like if I'm looking up information about a game, how to play it, or a review, I first look for the channels I have subscribed to because I know they will explain it in a way I can relate to.

Back
Top Bottom