BMW X5 45e M Sport - Options / Choices

Soldato
Morning all

After several months deliberating on my next car I have finally decided on the BMW X5 45e M Sport which I'm hoping to order this week.

Current options I have spec'd up are;-

Colour: Carbon Black
M Sport Plus Pack (with the 21" 741M wheels - keep changing my mind between these and the 22" 742M)
Technology Pack
Visibility Pack (with Laser lights)

I'd love the sunroof and comfort pack too but I just cannot justify it as I don't think I'd utilise them enough.

I'm really struggling to decide on interior colour. Has anyone seen the 'Coffee Vernasca' leather? Is it an outrageous colour? I seem to love it but I imagine that many people hate it. Black is obviously the safe choice.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on any essential options that I'm missing, or do I have it covered?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
Don't go for carbon black, it's a really horrible colour. It's not really black it's actually very dark blue and it looks very tatty quickly as it shows every single mark and scratch and swirl.

I rented a new X5 for a couple of weeks last year and it was very similarly specced to yours but one thing it did miss that would have been useful was the Parking Assistant Plus with the 360 cameras. It's an absolutely enormous thing to park :D

Soldato
OP
Well it's Carbon Black, Black Sapphire or Artic Grey. The grey looks pretty nice with the black M Sport Plus pack.

Thankfully the Technology pack has the Parking Assistant Plus - I'm familiar with driving large SUVs but this is a bit of a tank!

Soldato
Carbon black is stunning, the deep deep blue sparkles in the sun.

But alas, it's a pain to keep clean and needs to be kept in good nick to hide those swirls (same with all dark colours). A bottle of Carpro Essence would be essential.

Either way it's the best colour choice out of the 3 listed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have carbon black the car looks amazing when clean but like any black it looks grubby really quickly. I have no issues with swirls etc, i had this car ceramic coated but my last carbon black 5 series i didn't and it looked great when i sold it after 7 years.

I would say the sunroof is the must have option, it totally changes the interior with the extra light coming in and makes the car feel much lighter and airier inside. The 360 camera while nice isn't a deal breaker I wanted it on this car but in reality it offers me nothing over the normal parking sensors.

Soldato
OP
I have carbon black the car looks amazing when clean but like any black it looks grubby really quickly. I have no issues with swirls etc, i had this car ceramic coated but my last carbon black 5 series i didn't and it looked great when i sold it after 7 years.

I would say the sunroof is the must have option, it totally changes the interior with the extra light coming in and makes the car feel much lighter and airier inside. The 360 camera while nice isn't a deal breaker I wanted it on this car but in reality it offers me nothing over the normal parking sensors.

Thanks, it's good to hear your experiences of it.

I visited the dealership after work tonight and I think it was an expensive trip. I saw a car in "Tanzanite Blue" which I thought looked stunning. The BMW configurator makes it look far lighter than it actually is in person, I'm thinking it'll be a little easier to look after.

Also decided to add the sunroof and the 22" wheels. :eek:

Man of Honour
22 inch wheels will really compromise the ride. What's the point in an SUV where you need to worry like you've got a sports car on low profile tyres?

Soldato
OP
22 inch wheels will really compromise the ride. What's the point in an SUV where you need to worry like you've got a sports car on low profile tyres?

Will the extra inch really make that much of a difference? :p The 21" is also on low profile run-flat tyres. I keep changing my mind on this as I prefer the look of the 742M's but if it's really going to compromise the ride significantly more than the 741M then I will take that into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom