Horizon Zero Dawn

Associate
This is great news, not played it but it looked like a pretty decent title and people gave it a good word at work.

It's more the fact that it's actually coming to PC, it keeps my dreams alight that we could one day see other exclusives, mainly Bloodborne arrive on PC

Soldato
Can’t wait for this to be on PC. Hope it isn’t an epic exclusive.

Fingers crossed. I still think it'll be PSN linked in someway, I see this as maybe a way for Sony to enter the PC market with its PSN on PC much like MS did with Windows and xbox live, it makes the most logical sense - but we'll see.

Caporegime
I wonder if this is do with them getting themselves into a bit of a pickle regarding hardware. If cloud gaming is the future then it probably makes more sense to use customised PC versions of games so that you can run them on standard PC server hardware and not need racks of PS3, PS4, PS5 systems.

EDIT: Nah. Reading that back now and it’s stupid. They’d have to rework every single title and there’s no way that’s going to happen when it comes to third parties.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another interesting thing today is that on the PlayStation website page for Godfall, the first PS5 game, it lists versions as being PS5 and Windows PC. So Sony acknowledging PC!

Caporegime
https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...-with-head-of-playstations-worldwide-studios/

PC port confirmed in the first interview with new Worldwide Studios boss.

PSB: Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?
HH: Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

PSB: PlayStation is no stranger to publishing titles on the PC, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the largest games to make that leap. Is there anything you would say to PlayStation fans? What does it mean for the future?
HH: Sure. I think it’s important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they’ve been missing out on.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

Steam page
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Recently completed it on my PS4 Pro. Excellent game. Will wait a couple of years and grab it on the cheap to add to my steam library and replay it :)

Soldato
OP
Beautiful. This summer H:ZD & Death Stranding is gonna keep me busy. Can't wait to see some maxed out 8K screenshots as well, maybe they'll add Ansel support. :D

Soldato
Couldn't play this on ps4 pro.. so many fps drops when in combat just sucked.. even on OLED it looked amazing but the slowdowns were a deal breaker..

So I'm glad it's coming to pc.

Soldato
OP
Is it that good?

How does it compare to The Witcher Wild Hunt?

Compared to TW3 it's mediocre, but how many open world games can hold a candle to TW3? I mean in its totality. I struggle to think of any. KCD reaches some heady heights but it's clear it hasn't reached its goal (let's hope 2 does it) while TW3 does pretty much everything it wanted to do & then some. True, some gameplay aspects aren't great in TW3 but everything else is 10/10 and then even that gameplay can be modified enough such that it is great too, though that takes a bit of work (Ghost Mode etc). And even for vanilla, it got a lot better progression wise in the expansions, but it's clear the main game just progressed too fast & had too much content for how it was tuned.

If you've played Assassin's Creed Odyssey it's kinda like that a lot more than TW3, though still a bit more watered down. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game & a visual treat but it's not a great game by any stretch. Still, very enjoyable if you are into open world games.

Soldato
The most ubisoft game that ubisoft never made. It was pretty decent but very superficial, nothing groundbreaking. Graphics is nice though.

Still, hopefully this will mean more Sony games on PC in the future as well.

Back
Top Bottom