Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
you'll have to decrypt the :coo: unless it was a typo for not!
I stopped watching at co-enzyme q-10 ... I though that was a cosmetic cream add-on ...& definitely not michelin fayre.

Soldato
Last nights dinner, all vegan.

Can't figure out how to link from Imgur on my phone...

Charred corn with aubergine & caper salad. Prune, mustard & tequila sauce.

UXQDtKs.png

Salt baked celeriac with apple. Fondant potato, asparagus and fresh truffle. Date sauce.

UjnHOM5.png

Pastel de nata, coconut foam.

9ElOswA.png

Petits fours. Beetroot, chocolate & Rumbullion truffles.

VzCLWhA.png

Very happy with presentation of starter and main. Was a bit tipsy by the coffee stage and spilled the crema before getting to the table!

Last edited:
Soldato
Made cookies, when they were still warm....

y4mqhFidTE_Q-gltmGL3RkehVpiwpnloxxSJnN15IK7wU2ii3LR5vkAlTi3YkRmkcWlB8wtQieOoETilAX5bsTenbPkgqM8ZC1BIIp4XZsozs4ya-kfg_pxBMimxOc4ESjeQMm4SAggvdI6Up2g6EnL05JhbFZOOfZx35ev7jSsjje-TGwiqONRESqsetgL1Ke7v2eNqHTBlk2nQYM8uA8waw

Soldato
Haven't put anything in this thread in a while but been cooking a bit more with new recipes recently, so here are a few, with sincere apologies for my photography skills. Looking at the pics in this thread, I swear most of you lot should be photographers rather than cooks :p

Most of them are from recipes I found online, so happy to share if anyone wants.

Caramel Chicken with ginger and garlic cucumber
uGsCH2w.jpg

Chicken (Murgh) Lababdar

NrWwmDA.jpg

Chicken Biryani

qyR6rMK.jpg

Fish 'taco' (lettuce wrap instead to make it healthier basically)

l6qSC2i.jpg

Very simple home-cooking style Indian food - Cauliflower and lentils (with pronthi (a kind of roti/chappati) to eat it with)

90QPkxo.jpg

Soldato
My lockdown Chicken Katsu ...
99427487_668940190616926_6646063008357285888_o.jpg
Link is broked.. I do love a good katsu. Just stocked up on S&B sauce :D

I cooked this last night; Dandan Mian (Dan Dan noodles). It was amazing, so moreish.
xNZSox2.jpg

Recipe was from @pippyeats who apparently won Britains Best Home cook (the cheesy wannabe Bakeoff spinoff I think, I never watched it). But she knows her stuff, makes noodles from scratch etc. She has a book coming out soon which I'll probably buy based on that success.

EDIT: I used this chilli oil from Amazon

Associate
Can I post my pre cook marinade thingie?

Its marinating in the fridge now, cooking in 2 hours with a couple of stirs prior:

8vIQfEh.jpg

Dont ask how much: Butter, olive oil, salt, ginger, chilli, garlic, paprika, tandoori masala, garam masala, tomato puree, just enough milk to blend it all together, lemon juice, vinegar, apple and mango squash.

Smells amazing. Will add some onions when cooking.

Can be had without the store bought sauce (I'm crap at trying to make sauce) but would be really concentrated. Add more milk and tomato for that, but it tastes better with any sharwoods sauce on top.

Will post finished later.

Last edited:
Associate
PqITTPi.jpg

Think I added enough butter to kill an elephant. Tasted a lot better than the takeaways those leftover chapattis had come with though.

Had to simmer it for 30 mins to reduce the marinade before adding the sauce, and it needed a lot more stuff adding while it was cooking, I just taste and add whatever it needs.

Some kind of random Butter masala korma.

Associate
My last post here didn't age very well ...

That stuff almost did kill me lol.

No longer adding butter to anything, whole milk and olive oil only when I do bother to cook the rest of my frozen chicken.

Also I can only grill my chips or shallow fry in the least amount of olive oil now. Used to be all butter for everything until I gave myself angina.

'Traditionally' you are supposed to use ghee and yoghurt. Olive oil and milk also works, using tomato puree to thicken it.

Back
Top Bottom