How much should a quote for window blinds be?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I've just been quoted £211 by Aveon, so will see what other quotes I can get.

I can drill holes and fairly decent at DIY, I wall mounted my tv when I moved in, but I just feel this is going to be a little more difficult, and as it's the living room, any shoddy work will be seen by guests?

It's really quite simple. As long as you can use a drill and tape measure/spirit level to ensure you put the brackets on straight you'll be fine. The screws are hidden by the actual blind anyway.

I did by myself on ~12 windows and the hardest part was man-handling the blinds, but if you get someone to help it's dead easy.

I bought all mine from https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk - great service. For the size you want vertical blinds are about £130.

Soldato
yes got the house done for about £150 these in pic ,not a good pic, black out ,off white slats.
cant remember if blinds2go or ebay but they arrive milimitre accurate and very easy to fit

IMG-20191215-104709.jpg

Soldato
That's quite a big window to fit blinds to, have you considered curtains instead? or maybe splitting into more than one blind?

If you had plantation shutters installed would be expensive, for blinds often best to just get them made to size then fit yourself, far cheaper.

Soldato
Had our bedroom one made to measure & delivered for £150 from Ambition Blinds. Choice of colours & designs.
25mm Wooden slates, 2.2m wide 1.2m drop
Took me about 30 mins to fit myself.

2nd bedroom one was slightly smaller & cost £105

£3K is an absolute **** take I don't care what they are made of!

Associate
OP
That's quite a big window to fit blinds to, have you considered curtains instead? or maybe splitting into more than one blind?

If you had plantation shutters installed would be expensive, for blinds often best to just get them made to size then fit yourself, far cheaper.
Not a Fan of curtains if I'm honest, I do like the look of vertical blinds, they would really suit our living room.

The window itself has a sliding door which leads out to balcony, so I suppose it can be split into two, but I'll wait to see what the guys from Hilarys say when they come on Friday.

I'll post a pic of the window tomorrow.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I've arranged for Hillary's to come this Friday, unfortunately, they didn't offer a quote like the other two companies have, so hopefully it won't be extortionate.

I'm swaying towards the blinds from Aveon, as they seem a reasonable price which includes installation, and have been recommended by other residents in our apartment block.

This is your problem, Hillary's!

Take your most expensive quote from elsewhere, double it then have Hillary's come and quote higher hahah
The only reason to use Hillary's would be for getting prices for insurance to replace :p

Associate
OP
This is your problem, Hillary's!

Take your most expensive quote from elsewhere, double it then have Hillary's come and quote higher hahah
The only reason to use Hillary's would be for getting prices for insurance to replace :p
Doesn't bode well then :(

My friend had her windows done by Hilarys, and set her back around £500, she had her living room and bedroom done, both with automatic roller blinds, so I'm expecting mine to be a little cheaper as these are just vertical blinds

Soldato
When we got a load of blinds fitted, a local company undercut Hillary's price hugely - from memory they were about a third of the price.

When I showed the fitter the quote from Hillary's he was incredulous.

Soldato
Isn't the quality of the mechanical mechanism a significant criteria
... is there some equivalent of Swish, say, to look out for, like for curtain rails.

Associate
OP
Think I' leaning towards doing it myself, just went on blindstogo, and it'll be £102.50.

Due to the width of the window, they said it would be split into two rails, but should overlap to make it look seamless

Here is said window:
t83OVfa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom