**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Finally in a position to move on from my Honor 9 Lite, it's been a decent phone for me but getting slow now with apps and want something faster and a bit bigger. Looking to spend about £250. I don't play games but still want something futureproof ish if that's possible.

Caporegime
Any one heard of the Black Shark 3? QHD+ 90Hz screen/270Hz input, ~4700 mAh, SD 865, 12GB RAM and can take up 800 charge cycles before the battery loses some of it's performance (think the average is 200-300 lower). Sounds good on paper.

maj

maj

Soldato
What's people thoughts on Honor? I know they're a subsidiary of Huawei but looking for previous/current owner opinions. Looking at the Honor 9X as I just need something that is mid-range with a decent camera and I very rarely game. I was contemplating the Mi A3 but a 720p screen at 6" is a massive turn off.

I wonder how much of an effect the coronavirus will have if ordering from the likes of eglobal etc as it is a bit cheaper on there than elsewhere.

Soldato
What's people thoughts on Honor? I know they're a subsidiary of Huawei but looking for previous/current owner opinions. Looking at the Honor 9X as I just need something that is mid-range with a decent camera and I very rarely game. I was contemplating the Mi A3 but a 720p screen at 6" is a massive turn off.

I wonder how much of an effect the coronavirus will have if ordering from the likes of eglobal etc as it is a bit cheaper on there than elsewhere.

I ordered from aliexpess on Jan 8th and they still hadn't dispatched it by yesterday so I cancelled. Couldn't be bothered. Coronavirus is causing big delays

maj

maj

Soldato
I ordered from aliexpess on Jan 8th and they still hadn't dispatched it by yesterday so I cancelled. Couldn't be bothered. Coronavirus is causing big delays

Yeah that's what I thought. Gonna try to find a uk retailer to buy from as who knows how long it'll be before things are thankfully back to normal.

You can pick up the Honor 10 Lite for £119 (with PAID20 code) off the bay if you want something cheap and cheerful

Was that brand new and 64GB?

I've just compared the Honor 10 Lite to the Huawei P30 lite which I was also looking at earlier today. They both have same chipset, cpu and gpu according to gsmarena. The only difference is the Honor 10 uses micro usb where as P30 lite is usb-c and P30 has better camera. It's a shame manufacturers are still using micro usb but P30 lite is also 128gb as standard but is £50 more.

Associate
brand new and 64GB?

I've just compared the Honor 10 Lite to the Huawei P30 lite which I was also looking at earlier today. They both have same chipset, cpu and gpu according to gsmarena. The only difference is the Honor 10 uses micro usb where as P30 lite is usb-c and P30 has better camera. It's a shame manufacturers are still using micro usb but P30 lite is also 128gb as standard but is £50 more.

Yeah look at bay item 254057312785 for black, other colours aswell listed

Soldato
None of the top tier androids from the big manufacturers interest me at the moment . So much so that I got an iPhone 11 as my upgrade to try something different. Hated the screen so much that I got rid.

So I'm looking for something to replace my pixel 2 and I'd rather the camera was atleast as good. Doesn't have to be the latest CPU because there's nothing I do that my pixel struggles with and I think even the mid range snapdragons are matching that now ?

So good camera and good screen are main demands I think.

Do I wait for price drops when the Mi10/note9 etc get a full release ? Do I wait for a pixel4a ( not sure I can wait that long :p).

or is there something for me out there that's already a bargain ?

Associate
At this point until the mi10/Pro is released the Mi9T looks the best value for money to me. Not entirely sure how good the camera is compared to the pixel 2 as pixel cameras always seem well rated but I doubt the 9t is a bad camera.

Caporegime
I can't bloody keep up with these Chinese phones. Oppo Find X2...
  • OLED display 1440p
  • SD 865
  • 120Hz
  • Supposedly ~8 hours SoT at 120Hz
No idea what Oppo phones are like but if it can achieve >7 hours SoT @ 120Hz, wireless charging and the cameras are good - consider me interested.

Caporegime
Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro going to be announced today - I am out as the prices are pretty much Samsung flagship prices. Decent looking phones though.

Edit - so if Oppo reckon they can get 8 hours SoT at 1440p/120Hz with a 4200 mAH battery - what are Samsung playing at getting less SoT with a larger battery? I know the Exynos has some part to play, at least in the last, but perhaps their software and optimisation isn't all that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the Mi9t Pro (since Sept 2019). I absolutely love it. Great phone, notch free, oled, fast, decent cameras,headphone jack, no stupid curved edges, 855 soc etc, only bummer for me is no stereo speaker set up and ideally I'd like a sd slot.

Soldato
Mi A2 Android One security updates have dried up since the buggy (eg. mobile locking up completely, often while browsing Google Chrome, requiring the press of the power button twice) Android 10 release in January.

I've not done a complete mobile reset since Android 10 update, should I?

Back
Top Bottom