**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Is that for 7 Pro? 7T Pro contract deals are basically non existent as 3 have exclusivity. I'd say buy from maybe Amazon and get a SIM only to accompany it?
7 pro yeah. Not 7t pro.

Just looking for a decent deal for either the 7t (non pro) or the 7 pro.

Soldato
Just got myself a 7T, whats a recommended case or wrap for it?
The stock case is alright if a bit bulky and ugly.
Anything by Spigen is always a winner for me. They have a big enough range that you can choose between bulk and slim.
+1 for the Nillkin as mentioned above. I just got one last week for 7t Pro and it feels like a really premium case and is super slim.

Soldato
I picked up a 7T a couple of weeks ago and I wanted a very minimal case and ordered far to many to try out, almost all of them cover the buttons meaning instead of pressing the metal your pushing in some plastic which kind of ruins the nice phone feel for me.

I ended up sticking with : https://www.amazon.co.uk/CRESEE-One...keywords=7t+case+yellow&qid=1582442663&sr=8-7

its not perfect as for some reason it has a lanyard hole in it but it leaves 80% or so of the side bare so you actually feel like your holding the phone and not the case, also means it doesn't add any width to the phone when you are holding it.

im sure there are better options though if you search around enough!

Soldato
So I'm very quickly becoming sick of Samsung's Exynos battery life nonsense with my S10e and since it looks I basically have to give up the headphone jack now, Oneplus 7 Pro is looking like the top of the pile as a replacement phone. No notches, 90Hz screen and allegedely that great software with the rest of the specs to match.

Anything to be wary of coming from Samsung phones? I heard that you can't record video with ultrawide on these or that's something that's been patched?

Also would I gain anything substantial getting 7T Pro over 7 Pro as latter is looking very tasty price wise on the second hand market.

Soldato
Wait for the OP 8 - coming next month (viruses notwithstanding), unless you're definitely going second hand, in which case the 7T Pro has little to offer over the 7 Pro. The 7T Pro has a macro mode for the camera which the 7 Pro doesn't and a marginally faster SoC. I had a play with macro mode in a shop and thought I'd get some use out of it. Others may not.

Otherwise, super-duper phones and very smooth. I was caught by the auto brightness bug on mine, where the screen keeps dimming right down when you exit certain programs (games iirc) and it's quite irritating. I'm not sure how they're getting on with fixing that.

Soldato
I made the very same move, sort of. I changed from a S10e and bought a used 7 Pro from the rainforest very briefly to see if I liked it, which I did so I returned it and bought a new 7T Pro.
I have been between both Samsung and OnePlus for the past 4 years or so and I really do like both - especially since OneUI came about.
No wide angle video recording on my 7T Pro so I assume that isn't a feature - I had to load it up there to check so that shows how much I use it.

From 7 Pro to 7T Pro you (as mentioned above you get a slightly overclocked SoC and macro mode in the camera). You also gain a very slightly larger battery but considerably faster charging if you're into that. The faster charging was what sold it for me.

Software wise they are on a par for me but for very difference reasons. OxygenOS is slick, unbloated and very close to stock.
Alternatively OneUI comes with more features than you could shake a stick at, I'd be perfectly happy with either. The downside with Samsung is the bloat (albeit very minor now) and their still relatively heavy skin.

Battery life on the OnePlus phone is top notch as well.

Soldato
Strangely enough, GSM Arena gave the OP 7 Pro an 85 hour endurance rating at 90hz, while the 7T Pro (with its marginally larger battery) came in at 100hrs at 90hz. The reasons behind this, I don't know, but may be worth bearing in mind.

Soldato
Wait for the OP 8 - coming next month (viruses notwithstanding), unless you're definitely going second hand, in which case the 7T Pro has little to offer over the 7 Pro. The 7T Pro has a macro mode for the camera which the 7 Pro doesn't and a marginally faster SoC. I had a play with macro mode in a shop and thought I'd get some use out of it. Others may not.

Otherwise, super-duper phones and very smooth. I was caught by the auto brightness bug on mine, where the screen keeps dimming right down when you exit certain programs (games iirc) and it's quite irritating. I'm not sure how they're getting on with fixing that.

Yeah, don't want to spend a lot on phones anymore and most 7 Pro versions seem around £400ish, even a 5G version available in "pristine" condition for £430 at the moment.

Ultrawide recording is a bummer though, actually use it quite a bit as I do a lot of hiking around UK so visit plenty of picture-esque places and one thing Samsung does well with that stabilisation to boot. I'll have a look at some other options, but around that price mark only Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro and Mi Note 10 seem to fit the bill.

Soldato
Check the 5G version carefully before you buy. Iirc they only work on EE (that model was carrier exclusive) and also they get updates way slower than the other versions of the phone.

See the benefits of 90hz for yourself before deciding on a 60hz phone. It's outstanding.

Soldato
I've just picked up the 7T Pro on 3, unlimited data/mins/text £36 a month £29 upfront, seems a great deal :)

I'm paying £11/month on SIM only for that deal. 12 month contract. £22/month after 6 months. My total spend over 24 months will be £462 - assuming I don't get a new half price deal in year 2.

Your total spend over 24 months will be £893 so your handset has cost 893-462 = £431.

:)

Back
Top Bottom