The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
Compared to the road bike, the power drop is noticable.
Ouch, sounds brutal! Relax position a little to 'ease' back into it rather than going full aggressive after some time away from it? Then just tighten it up as the power seems to come back?

KALAS Cup. 5W/KG for 50mins in the front group or you get dropped :p Simples.
#lightriderproblems.

Anything over 5w/kg for me is the wrong side of 400W! For you it's below 300W? :p

2x20mins at 300W up the Alpe trying to earn that Tron bike, not bad after parkrun first thing!
Don't want to burst your bubble (seriously, keep up the good work!) but just FYI the Tron bike isn't at the end of the 'standard' Everest Challenge at 29,000 feet (8850m), it's much much further on...

I meant the social aspect in terms of the group rides really, although some do use discord I believe
Depends on the rides you're joining. If you're just joining solo training sessions much of the social is stripped out. If you're jumping into group sessions or 'Just Ride' then it's there. If you're in races or group rides then it's there.

It tends to be the popular teams and rides where Discord comes into it. My team (3R) use it when racing together, but not for group rides.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't want to burst your bubble (seriously, keep up the good work!) but just FYI the Tron bike isn't at the end of the 'standard' Everest Challenge at 29,000 feet (8850m), it's much much further on...

1/15th of the way there :D Easy! Although suspect the turbo will be being used less and less over the next few weeks and hopefully not at all until the winter after my holiday!

Soldato
Did the Italy special race on the 6 train (New York park) course. My legs didn’t feel great when I got on the trainer but decided to race anyway, knowing I wouldn’t have too much pop.

A & B start together and then rush through the C & D riders so it’s all a big mix up. I was in the front bunch but popped after 12 minutes, average watts not that high (300-320) but the lumpy course flatters as there’s quite a lot of 400-450w up little lumps which is what did for me, not enough short high power led to chasing to stay on.

Eased off and had a decent rest as we had pulled a minute out on the chasing B guys, jumped on when they came by & was able to stay with to the end and have a reasonable but not my best sprint.

The results have trimmed a few off for no HR etc, and I know some people who dropped just stopped and disconnect. It’s not the most popular event but still got a silver in B!

Associate
Easy he says! :rolleyes:

It took me over 3 years! But then again I wasn't concentrating on climbing more on Zwift until the various worlds and Alpe came out. I mostly raced which was generally on flat courses!

If you do workouts in Zwift select the Alpe or hilly courses and that will help you towards the Tron as well. I managed to get it under a year but remain active on Zwift all year round as on a weeknight I find it a lot easier to jump on and get a structured workout.

Soldato
For freebie miles finish up at the top of the L'Alpe and leave your rider to freewheel down once you've finished!

Another Zwift session last night due to the poor weather 2x25 min sweet spot and 5 hard 15s sprints, pretty dead towards the end! Hopefully the weather will be kind over the weekend so I can go outside!

Caporegime
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong on zwiftpower? I enter my zwift id as per instructions but just get told 'cant find that zwift id'.

Did the 5am race stage 1 this morning.

Soldato
Whats this A+ category I'm seeing in ZP now too? It used to be a red A icon didn't it?

rough criteria being:
A is 4 W/KG+ FTP. Red A icon
A+ is 4.6 W/KG+ FTP. Black A icon

ZP determines "FTP" as being 95% of your 20min power. Which is moronic. But it's what they have stipulated categorisation on.

Soldato
Either way my ego will be happy I'm classed as A+ ;) :p

Isn't the 'typical' FTP test 95% of 20 power anyway?

That's what I use, and yes it certainly doesn't mean I can do 100% of that power for the hour, but it's still a useful progression (or not) yard stick for me. (among other things of course)

Soldato
Either way my ego will be happy I'm classed as A+ ;) :p

Isn't the 'typical' FTP test 95% of 20 power anyway?

That's what I use, and yes it certainly doesn't mean I can do 100% of that power for the hour, but it's still a useful progression (or not) yard stick for me. (among other things of course)

95% of 20 mins to get your 60mins is so old hat and pointless now. FTP is not even defined as being 60mins these days so it's a bit old hat.
Very, very few people could do 95% of their 20mins for 60mins.

Then when you apply it to zwift and have guys that are 5/10min monsters but would die an actual death if they had to ride at thresh for 45 mins it becomes even more silly.

Back
Top Bottom