Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2020, Melbourne - Race 1/22

Rate the marble racing video

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
If there’s no championship this season, and with reduced or no races the circuits won’t be wanting to pay their hosting fees, there will be no prize money. Without it I could see Haas withdrawing, Williams going to the wall or being sold and a few other teams struggling with massive bills. As ‘rich’ as Liberty are I doubt they could afford to bankroll F1 to the non manufacturer backed teams and I’m also unsure Mercedes, Fiat and Renault would be happy with no advertising and even the sponsors looking for refunds or discounts. It could kill F1 for good.
I'd rather f1 is killed then u and I or any f1 fan and personal.

Heath is more important

Soldato
TBH cancel the first 4 races and see how it develops. F1 being a global sport is probably the most at risk of transmission with fans/media etc. No chance Liberty does it but just doesn't make sense to have this will they/wont they for the next 4 weeks or so.

Soldato
Football subscribers don’t get money off when a match gets postponed.

Ermm.. I was on about 50% of the races or the entire year. Also that's like comparing getting a refund on a single chip in a meal vs one of the courses, there are hundreds of football games dedicated to many, many teams, but only one F1 race, with many teams involved.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The only way I can see them actually running races this year, is to screen every member of every team prior to an event and hold it behind closed doors.

It might make the podium celebration a bit interesting, though.

Associate
Sky has a video up saying it is cancelled but haven't put an article or headline up https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/11956422/australian-grand-prix-called-off

I am not sure whether cancelling completely really reduces the risk much compared to running the race without spectators. I suspect that most of the risk to the teams etc comes from the travel and hotels etc which they have already done.

It will also be interesting to know where the Mclaren team member got infected ie whether it was out there or travelling or were they infected before going? It seems quick to show symptoms if it was in Aus.

Soldato
Anyone any idea what is going to happen now? They staying in Aus, or going to Bahrain to isolate for a good while?
If they are going to do the right thing races should be halted until it passes, now that they've cancelled Austalia I can see them doing the same for a few - at least until the European races. Even that would be too soon for the virus to be past, this could rattle on for the whole year - even more if they don't get on top of it.

Soldato
If they are going to do the right thing races should be halted until it passes, now that they've cancelled Austalia I can see them doing the same for a few - at least until the European races. Even that would be too soon for the virus to be past, this could rattle on for the whole year - even more if they don't get on top of it.

I feel you might be correct, maybe they can run some races in September - December for a very short season.

Back
Top Bottom