The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
Incredible how they mess up goldberg's entrance for the second time at this ppv, the pyro misfires then goldberg appears standing around awkwardly waiting for it to go off, then we get a main event consisting of 3 different moves. This company really is creatively bankrupt, not surprising with a loon like Vince at the helm. :rolleyes:

Undertakers "match" was also a doozy, 1 move and he doesn't even take his jacket off.

Soldato
WWE has to get out of this cycle of feeding its current stars to ageing part time ones to just get a cheap bump in PPV buys. What does it say about your current talent when they can’t ‘beat’ 50+ year olds who have got off the couch after 12 months.

Taker coming out and beating AJ Styles without taking his jacket off, Goldberg beating the Fiend. Those 2 guys stank the place out last year wrestling one another now they’re beating 2 current stars!!!

Since Cena what crossover mainstream stars have WWE truly created? And we’re not talking a couple of years here we are talking 15+ years! Who are they gonna bring in for a cheap bump when Taker, Goldberg can’t stand up anymore to keep wheeling down the aisle?

Associate
old guys coming in sweeping victory in 1 minute, same with Lesnar winning in less than 1 minute.
More likely did it to please the saudi fans in seeing the most iconic superstars picking up win.

Soldato
Anyone else bought AEW revolution?

I have, but I'll not watch it live, off with the family in a hotel for the night, so will be muting my wrestling twitter follows and watching tomorrow evening (well, will triage it and watch the key matches in the time I have available, before reading coverage).

My picks:
Jericho
Rose
Bucks (with heel turn for them)
MJF
Hager
Darby
PAC
Dark Order (with Exalted One reveal....maybe)

Soldato
The more I see of Darby Alin the more impressed I am. Good call by Alin to avoid WWE, he may have been able to make an impact on NXT but by the time he got to the main roster he would get buried. Hopefully he can make his mark in AEW and the industry then latter on do an AJ Styles and go to WWE as a big name and make some bank before retiring.

Soldato
Was a pretty great show, Revolution.

Bucks vs Hangman/Kenny was the best wrestling match I've ever seen (nb, I've not seen all that many :D ). Incredible skill and storytelling. Unrelenting for the full 30+ minutes.

PAC vs Orange Cassidy was the breakout match - just superb in a match where I didn't know quite what to expect (Love OC, but just wasn't sure how they would structure this sort of thing). Cassidy's lazy Pyro was amazing :D

Soldato
Can't see Wrestlemania going ahead for a few months, if at all this year, tbh.

AEW have had to move their next two Dynamite shows out of New York / tri-state area. Next one's now at Daily's Place at the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium, who are owned by AEW CEO Tony Khan's family. Will have 'restricted attendance'.

The second show was supposed to be a big Blood and Guts (AEW's take on the old classic version of Wargames) show. They're yet to announce where that will be. Can't be Daily's I don't think, as the double-ring caged setup probably won't fit.

A real shame it's hit Blood & Guts, as it won't have the big atmosphere. Rumour had it Brodie Lee (fka Luke Harper) was to debut at Rochester next week in front of his home town crowd too. Will miss that pop now.

Soldato
it's going to be rubbish w/out the audience. they're spreading it over 2 nights too. I can't get it anyway, but I wouldn't fork over PPV money for that anyway. really should have postponed it and perhaps kept the PPV but changed the name [Lockdown, lol]. Shame for people like Drew finally getting their deserved push and WM moment and it's not going to be in front of a proper WM crowd etc.

Back
Top Bottom