Blade Runner remaster by Nightdive Studios

Soldato
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/blade-runner-enhanced-edition-announced/

System Shock remake developer Nightdive Studios is polishing up another classic video game this year: Westwood's Blade Runner. It's a remaster rather than a remake, but it's still nice to see the sci-fi thriller getting some love and attention.

It wasn't easy to find Blade Runner, let alone get it to work on modern PCs, until GOG managed to get the rights and start selling a new digital edition. That version has largely been untouched, but the new Enhanced Edition will come with a bunch of modern additions.

Character models and animations are being updated, cutscenes are getting upscaled thanks to machine learning algorithms—which modders have been using lately to enhance lots of older games—and you can expect widescreen support, keyboard and controller customisation, and more features yet to be announced.

-------------------------
-------------------------

Ooh i wouldnt mind this myself as i love the game but always wished it had higher res character models as in model and textures. Hopefully i hope they dont touch the backgrounds too much or the ui.

Soldato
damn, still have that in the original box somewhere. played it and was fun but I didn't get around to trying it multiple times - I think it was supposed to have a dynamic plot or such, where if you didn't do something or meet someone etc the plot changed; or am I misremembering?

Soldato
damn, still have that in the original box somewhere. played it and was fun but I didn't get around to trying it multiple times - I think it was supposed to have a dynamic plot or such, where if you didn't do something or meet someone etc the plot changed; or am I misremembering?

Yup, it did change.

Soldato
Think I may have played a BR game on C64 or Amiga 1200 (not sure). :)

There was a Blade Runner game on the C64, but this isn't it. It's the point-and-click adventure from 1997 which is basically a remake of the movie with different characters to replace the ones they couldn't get the rights to. It features VO from many of the original actors including Joe Turkel, Sean Young, James Hong, Brion James and William Sanderson. It's a classic game.

Back
Top Bottom