Pavement Park Ban.

Soldato
It would cost me more money to take the bus to work than it does to drive (because I have to first take a bus in to town, then a second bus out of town to where I work). So why bother.

They aren't going to reduce the amount of cars unless public transport is actually useful, as well as cheaper than running a car...

Yep, public transport is a solution for inner city living, it doesn't function well outside of that.

Caporegime
15 wtf love to see a photo of that street marked up showing his car lol

I would just drive a road legal Tank

He has a driveway. It has a Toyota supra parked on it. One that has never been touched. It looks a mess. It's an earlier model too. It's under a cover and it's been sat there for over a year now.

He then has a large works van he uses to store his 2 motorbikes. Another large works van he uses for work. A lexus SUV - used for work and personal. A bmw 6 series as a personal car as well.

He then has a further 4-6 smaller works cans all plastered with his logos and a ford car MPV type thing with his logos all over it. These are used by his employees.

Then his wife has a mini countryman. His son has a works van and a corsa. His gf stays over often and she also has a corsa.

The guys daughter has a works van too and her own personal car but I can't remember what that is atm.

That is the annoying thing. He has bought a supra as a toy/investment which he has never used or done anything with. It uses a space on his driveway so he never parks anything else on his driveway apart from a vehicle which does nothing but sit there.

We are lucky to have 4 visitor parking spaces across the road. Which is right next to his house. However he normally has 6-7 vehicles in them he double parks across his own vehicles. One time a neighbour parked there whilst they were out and he double parked blocking them in. He also has cctv from his house overlooking the visitor spaces. In fact he has at least 4 cameras on the front of his house alone.

Soldato
He has a driveway. It has a Toyota supra parked on it. One that has never been touched. It looks a mess. It's an earlier model too. It's under a cover and it's been sat there for over a year now.

He then has a large works van he uses to store his 2 motorbikes. Another large works van he uses for work. A lexus SUV - used for work and personal. A bmw 6 series as a personal car as well.

He then has a further 4-6 smaller works cans all plastered with his logos and a ford car MPV type thing with his logos all over it. These are used by his employees.

Then his wife has a mini countryman. His son has a works van and a corsa. His gf stays over often and she also has a corsa.

The guys daughter has a works van too and her own personal car but I can't remember what that is atm.

That is the annoying thing. He has bought a supra as a toy/investment which he has never used or done anything with. It uses a space on his driveway so he never parks anything else on his driveway apart from a vehicle which does nothing but sit there.

We are lucky to have 4 visitor parking spaces across the road. Which is right next to his house. However he normally has 6-7 vehicles in them he double parks across his own vehicles. One time a neighbour parked there whilst they were out and he double parked blocking them in. He also has cctv from his house overlooking the visitor spaces. In fact he has at least 4 cameras on the front of his house alone.

Mental

I feel your pain but not to the same level. I live in a small block of flats of 14 flats with garages and 5 vistors spaces. 3 out front 2 out back. One of the 2 out back is directly in front on a slop infront of my garage. When someone is parked in the vistor space infront my my garage I can get my car out just but getting it back in is well impossible for someone with my limited skill.

Several of the flats don't bother using there garages and park in the visitor spaces and grass infront of the flats so I then have to park on the road (have had road rage from the home owners).

One of the flats has 3 car's and a massive works van (which there not meant to park on site), so I overall I can squeeze my car in my garage about half the time.

Caporegime
Mental

I feel your pain but not to the same level. I live in a small block of flats of 14 flats with garages and 5 vistors spaces. 3 out front 2 out back. One of the 2 out back is directly in front on a slop infront of my garage. When someone is parked in the vistor space infront my my garage I can get my car out just but getting it back in is well impossible for someone with my limited skill.

Several of the flats don't bother using there garages and park in the visitor spaces and grass infront of the flats so I then have to park on the road (have had road rage from the home owners).

One of the flats has 3 car's and a massive works van (which there not meant to park on site), so I overall I can squeeze my car in my garage about half the time.

The mental thing is on the deeds it says you aren't allowed to park a commercial vehicle in the estate.

Does a commercial vehicle mean a 12 tonne lorry or does it also include vans? Also who polices this? It's not the council or the police. We have factors for maintaining communal areas of grass like the parks, etc but they weren't interested either. So as far as I can see it means nothing having stipulations like that in the deeds.

Soldato
The mental thing is on the deeds it says you aren't allowed to park a commercial vehicle in the estate.

Does a commercial vehicle mean a 12 tonne lorry or does it also include vans? Also who polices this? It's not the council or the police. We have factors for maintaining communal areas of grass like the parks, etc but they weren't interested either. So as far as I can see it means nothing having stipulations like that in the deeds.

In my case this is all off road private land , they setup "parking enforcement " so they send letters out and poop but they just ignore them, I've only been driving 10
months 2 with this car so Im not brilliant in parking department when its super tight

Permabanned
I'd rather people park on a pavement than make the road too narrow for emergency services. But I totally sympathise with wheelchair/pram folks. Seems pointless having all the pavements have ramps if the pavement itself gets blocked by cars.

Some people do park stupidly though, they should be getting fines. Around here that's people parking on junctions more than anything else.

I live on a new build estate where people have more cars than parking spaces due to house prices and the roads are narrow so when both sides have parked cars emergency services can't get through. There should either be double yellows on one side, or roads this narrow shouldn't get planning permission. Also shouldn't be able to call something a garage if a car can't fit in it and actually open the doors.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
My Street is mad, all the houses are all large 4 bed semi's, and a big time landlord has bought up a few of the bigger properties on the street and converted each 4 bed into a 6 bedsit property, so instead of 4 maybe 6 cars parking on the street, its now potentially 24 cars, ive got 3 cars, but we have a drive, but on occasion weve been blocked in by some of the new tenants, so during the day we end up parking on the street. Its a nightmare

Back
Top Bottom