EK Torque HTC fittings

Associate
Hi All,

been along time since have done anything pc related and could do with some advice for this great community

What are views and opinions from people that have used these fitting and tubing?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £23.64 (includes shipping: £4.66)​

I also have a bunch of monsoon fittings and tubing but have read that people advice their products are not good.

so some help would be appreciated

Associate
OP
Thanks, that’s why I’m not wanting to use them.
I’m just not to sure on the EK fittings either but think I will see how they turn out. Can always change them if I don’t like them.

Associate
Hi All,

been along time since have done anything pc related and could do with some advice for this great community

What are views and opinions from people that have used these fitting and tubing?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £23.64 (includes shipping: £4.66)

I also have a bunch of monsoon fittings and tubing but have read that people advice their products are not good.

so some help would be appreciated
i use monsoon free centre for soft with no issues. I converted to hardline using the same fittings with some issue with glue. Even when cleaned and dried I have had a few leak I had one pop off one of the buggers killed a gpu.

I even roughed up the surfaces superglue worked best but I dropped some on the tube which is not so bad as

Associate
I hated the monsoon free centre fittings for soft tube
Went on OK getting them off was another matter
So personally if I ever hard tube monsoon are out for me
What was the motto? Don’t be a tool lol
I only nip my fittings up then give it a little extra wrench they all came off fine, apart from the one in an awkward place where the tools slipped and marked the fitting

Soldato
What was the motto? Don’t be a tool lol
I only nip my fittings up then give it a little extra wrench they all came off fine, apart from the one in an awkward place where the tools slipped and marked the fitting
They were firmly hand tightened
But they seemed to dig into the tubing so when trying
To undo them it was terrible
My primochill lrt tubing is a lot tougher than a lot of other
Tubing granted
But no other fittings did it

Associate
OP
Well I bought some of EK fittings now, knew i should have waited a bit longer will see if I can return them and get some Barrow fittings but I can’t seem to find them with 4 o rings on them.

@pastymuncher what tiding did you use with the Barrow fittings?

Soldato
@red eye and @Mcnumpty2323 think I will just leave the monsoon fittings to gather dust after your comments they also far to big looking.

has anyone use 12/13mm pipe on the 16mm bend tools?
Sorry never done hard tube
Though can't see why won't work though may need smaller silicone insert
After all a 90 or 45 degree bends the
Same for both tube sizes
You could even 90 degree on edge of kitchen worktop

Man of Honour
Well I bought some of EK fittings now, knew i should have waited a bit longer will see if I can return them and get some Barrow fittings but I can’t seem to find them with 4 o rings on them.

@pastymuncher what tiding did you use with the Barrow fittings?

I used the 14mm Barrow hardline fittings and the ones I have are slightly different to the ones the place I got them from are selling now but there is a UK retailer selling Barrow fittings with three O rings (should be just as good) ranging from £2.29-£2.89 each. Another good thing about Barrow fittings is that they come with spare O rings.

I tried bending 14mm tubing in a 16mm and despite using a silicon insert inside the tube ended up with the tube distorted so I can only imagine it will be even worse with 12/13mm tube. I was lucky to pick up a bending kit and several Monsoon 12mm, 14mm and 16mm mandrels in our Members Market for very little money so saved a small fortune on bending guides. I also have the XSPC kit which is just a brilliant all round kit for cutting and bending although I paid less than a tenner for mine.

One of the most important things about hardline tubing is to always put a chamfer on the end of the tubing or when you insert it into the fittings the tubing will cut chunks out of the O rings. The chamfer prevents this. Wet the end of the tubing as well so it slides between the O rings much easier.

Associate
@red eye and @Mcnumpty2323 think I will just leave the monsoon fittings to gather dust after your comments they also far to big looking.

Have a look at EK's new Modulus tool. I have a Barrow 12mm mandrel and Aphacool double bending tool and got more bad distortions then good. I just bought the 12mm Modules and its been a revelation. Great results every time as the bend is held in place by the tool, rather then your fingers.

Associate
OP
@mods1965
The modulus does look like it would make things very easy.
I have the monsoon 16mm kit I bought back in 2015. So will do some practice this weekend with that and the old monsoon pipe if it sucks will try one of these.

Associate

The fittings are not a problem it’s the tubes and the gluing of the collars.
I wouldn’t use 16mm dies with 13mm pipes you won’t get a clean bend, you’ll have two different radius (radii?) 16mm on the inner and 13mm on outer

Associate
I used the 14mm Barrow hardline fittings and the ones I have are slightly different to the ones the place I got them from are selling now but there is a UK retailer selling Barrow fittings with three O rings (should be just as good) ranging from £2.29-£2.89 each. Another good thing about Barrow fittings is that they come with spare O rings.

I tried bending 14mm tubing in a 16mm and despite using a silicon insert inside the tube ended up with the tube distorted so I can only imagine it will be even worse with 12/13mm tube. I was lucky to pick up a bending kit and several Monsoon 12mm, 14mm and 16mm mandrels in our Members Market for very little money so saved a small fortune on bending guides. I also have the XSPC kit which is just a brilliant all round kit for cutting and bending although I paid less than a tenner for mine.

One of the most important things about hardline tubing is to always put a chamfer on the end of the tubing or when you insert it into the fittings the tubing will cut chunks out of the O rings. The chamfer prevents this. Wet the end of the tubing as well so it slides between the O rings much easier.
water with washing up liquid, just water will not lube the oring and you don’t want to twist the oring

Back
Top Bottom