How much did you spend on your bed?

Soldato
Think it was £200 for the kings size ottoman frame from amazon and about £400 on mattress as a first time buyer. :) I'm sure the next one will be quite a bit more, though the frame is surprisingly good so should only be a new mattress in a year or two.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My lilo bed cost me a couple hundred but I needed the biggest size customising. Was scared I'd wake up in the pool at first but you relax more as you get used to it. Lovely waking up floating

Associate
Spent £280 on king size Ottoman and £400 on a king size Emma.

I don't understand why people spend so much on the frame. Unless it's a really nice, hand crafted wooden one, they're the exception.

Associate
Sound advice, cheap out on the thing you spend around 8 hours per day laying on. :rolleyes:

We bought a Simba mattress for around £700. Worth every penny for us. A decent mattress is something you can't really put a price on, your back will thank you.

+1 on that, we bought cheap beds with cheap silent night mattresses which lasted for about a year before they became sunken down pieces of ****. Last summer, we took the plunge and bought a king size. Paid around £600 for a hybrid spring and memory foam mattress and its worth every penny. the bed in total was around £1100.

Soldato
I would happily put my £250 mattress up against the majority of the more expensive mattresses out there (considering I compared it to all the more expensive ones in the popular large shops you can go to). I have had it three years now and it is still basically as new, no signs of sagging or anything.

Man of Honour
Sound advice, cheap out on the thing you spend around 8 hours per day laying on. :rolleyes:.
You always see posts like this and whilst I get the sentiment, many people spend hours every day walking on cheap flooring, leaving in a cheap house, driving a cheap car, sitting in a cheap chair, typing on a cheap keyboard, staring at a cheap monitor, swiping on a cheap phone, watching a cheap tv, wearing cheap clothes, eating cheap food etc. I accept that potentially bed might have more impact on health than some of those but the time you spend using an item doesn't necessarily drive how much you should spend on it, especially if it means compromising in other areas.

Soldato
You always see posts like this and whilst I get the sentiment, many people spend hours every day walking on cheap flooring, leaving in a cheap house, driving a cheap car, sitting in a cheap chair, typing on a cheap keyboard, staring at a cheap monitor, swiping on a cheap phone, watching a cheap tv, wearing cheap clothes, eating cheap food etc. I accept that potentially bed might have more impact on health than some of those but the time you spend using an item doesn't necessarily drive how much you should spend on it, especially if it means compromising in other areas.

My point wasn't around the time alone, it's the fact it's supporting your body for that long. when you're laying on something in one position for extended periods of time it pays off to invest a little more in something decent. A lot of those things you listed, with the exception of food, don't really affect you much if you cheap out on it.

Things like chairs, beds, footwear are something I would personally not cheap out on.

Soldato
I spent about £300 on a bed that was around £2000. Dude I bought it off had it for about 6 weeks before being transferred with work and did a cheap fire sale on his gear.

In my life will I never buy these types of things new.

Man of Honour
Late eighties, early nineties, paid circa £800 for a king size four poster and another £250-£300 for the mattress.
Bought maybe two replacement mattresses since then, can’t recall the price.

Soldato
Hand me down wooden double bed frame and current mattress is like the 2nd cheapest from Argos. I have no bother sleeping and see no point in spending £1000s on a bed. Like someone already said, rather be mortgage free and financially safe than blowing money needlessly.

Soldato
Double mattress was £1500, frame was £175.

It's a Tempur mattress but I also have a wool topper, which reduces the chance of over heating in the night while sinking into the memory foam.

Back
Top Bottom