Coop games for daughter and I ?

Soldato
So... been talking about it for years and now finally done it.. handed down my PC to my daughter and got bought another.

Need some fun coop games on probably steam, for a 9 year old. I already have portal 2 on my steam account, so could buy that for hers.

Just looking for fun titles.

Associate
Battleblock Theatre
Magicka (assuming it doesn't crash)
Don't Starve Together
Dungeon Defender (not #2)
For The King
Stardew Valley
Overcooked 1(local co-op only)/2
Human Fall Flat
Terraria
Torchlight 2
Worms

and the others already mentioned! I'd throw in Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare as a good PvE game, but last time I tried to play it which was a while back I couldn't find any other players. This was after PvZ:GW2 had come out and IIRC the game only worked via matchmaking. Don't know what the new versions are like.

Soldato
I would go for the Lego games, my son and I played these a lot and they are great fun.

we also have minecraft but normally better on a console as on pc you will need to find a public server or rent one yourself to play together where on console you just need two controllers

with terraria you can create a local server for you to join as we played this too.

could also try some roblox games as they are all free to play and can join the same server etc

Soldato
we also have minecraft but normally better on a console as on pc you will need to find a public server or rent one yourself to play together where on console you just need two controllers
I only just got minecraft on my PC at my daughters request (she's had it on a tablet for ages), and I wasn't sure how connecting to each other would work.

Turns out it's the easiest thing in the world to play multiplayer - I start a world on my PC, and any other device on the same network detects that world and can join it. No servers needed at all. The only downside is that of course the device that 'owns' the world has to be running it for the other devices to join it. But that works fine for us - when she wants to play without me, she just plays in her own world instead.
For that matter, I can just as easily join a world she's running on her tablet.

Associate
I only just got minecraft on my PC at my daughters request (she's had it on a tablet for ages), and I wasn't sure how connecting to each other would work.

Turns out it's the easiest thing in the world to play multiplayer - I start a world on my PC, and any other device on the same network detects that world and can join it. No servers needed at all. The only downside is that of course the device that 'owns' the world has to be running it for the other devices to join it. But that works fine for us - when she wants to play without me, she just plays in her own world instead.
For that matter, I can just as easily join a world she's running on her tablet.

^what they said.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Rocket League, not co-op per say but good fun, just make sure you turn off VoIP and text chat.

All the Lego games, that goes without saying.

Soldato
All already mentioned, but I play with my son (10, most played since he was 7 ish):
Gauntlet (it's got an absurd 18 certificate though!)
Sonic Racing Transformed
Trine series

He didn't find the Lego games very interesting (I don't like them either: boring). He loved working on FTL together, though it is single player. He even completed it, on 'easy', a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom