The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Lemon Drizzle cake, Mary Berry recipe. Super soft and moist sponge with lemon zest, and a lemon juice and sugar glaze.

20200316-094309.jpg

20200316-094626.jpg

Soldato
Definitely could do with custard... good idea!

That looks delicious! I could really go for a piece of that with a cuppa right now.

It's the first time I made it, pretty pleased it came out as expected. Quite sweet and just the right amount of lemon flavour. Will make it again sometime with a creamy lemon icing on top and maybe a lemon cream filling like in a sandwich cake.

Soldato
Thanks for the link, I’ve not actually read that.

is this better?
no the original ice-cream looks more enticing .. there's no visible pin-sharp texture on the latter, but perhaps it's the choice of ice cream ... is it melting.
... can't tell if it was a facetious reply

Caporegime
no the original ice-cream looks more enticing .. there's no visible pin-sharp texture on the latter, but perhaps it's the choice of ice cream ... is it melting.
... can't tell if it was a facetious reply

this is call Cremia, it’s a soft serve made from milk from Hokkaido, the cows there produce milk with a higher fat content and it is very dense and yet soft at the same time. Soft ice cream, soft photo ;)

Soldato
So, after returning from San Francisco I have been craving those round, doughy, cheesy things. I literally haven't had any time to wind down until today - a full week after I got back. What better way than to grab a 50% off with Paypal orders over £20 via Papa Johns. I am hardly a fan of their grub at my local branch but the Cheese Burger pizza looked too good to pass on.

Doesn't look all that, but damn - it tasted awesome. PJ's trademark overly doughy base is still present but the blend of sauces (below) and toppings work really well! Excuse me whilst I lie down.
(Pizza sauce, hot Buffalo sauce, Piri Piri chicken poppers, red onions, red peppers and green chilli peppers)

yzuihOc.jpg

Caporegime
So, after returning from San Francisco I have been craving those round, doughy, cheesy things. I literally haven't had any time to wind down until today - a full week after I got back. What better way than to grab a 50% off with Paypal orders over £20 via Papa Johns. I am hardly a fan of their grub at my local branch but the Cheese Burger pizza looked too good to pass on.

Doesn't look all that, but damn - it tasted awesome. PJ's trademark overly doughy base is still present but the blend of sauces (below) and toppings work really well! Excuse me whilst I lie down.
(Pizza sauce, hot Buffalo sauce, Piri Piri chicken poppers, red onions, red peppers and green chilli peppers)

yzuihOc.jpg
Did you go for no contact delivery?

Back
Top Bottom