Windows 10

Man of Honour
I remember someone messing about with one of the RPC exploits at college somewhere around 1999 or so and crashing someone's computer with an "hours" worth of unsaved work on it! they nearly came to blows.

Soldato
I still remember a trick in IRC that worked on Windows machines - I think Windows 95 and 98 from memory, which hadn't been updated with Windows Updates.

You could play a sound such as C:\prn\prn.wav to the room and watch as the chat room members dropped like flies.

Soldato
My biggest problem with 10 right now is the utterly gimped modern settings and how they're making it more and more difficult to access "classic" control panel items. It's depressing thinking how much worse this is going to get as time moves forward. :p

Associate
There's a way around most every Win10 irritation but you do need to know it intimately to make those changes. Coming from Win7 myself it's taken weeks to tweak Win10 into some sort of shape that I can live with but now I'm quite happy with it.

Soldato
My biggest problem with 10 right now is the utterly gimped modern settings and how they're making it more and more difficult to access "classic" control panel items. It's depressing thinking how much worse this is going to get as time moves forward. :p
Control panel > View by > Large/Small Icons

or create your desktop shortcut to godmode.
This is one of the main reasons I like StartIsBack - I choose to have Control Panel shown on the Start menu as it would have done in Windows 7, I simply just need to click on it. I do appreciate that you could just type Control Panel into Windows 10's Start menu, but my way is just more convenient. ;)

Permabanned
This is one of the main reasons I like StartIsBack - I choose to have Control Panel shown on the Start menu as it would have done in Windows 7, I simply just need to click on it. I do appreciate that you could just type Control Panel into Windows 10's Start menu, but my way is just more convenient. ;)

Add a shortcut to control panel then or a shortcut to god mode? :p

Back
Top Bottom