TV repair?

Soldato
I went from a 50" pioneer plasma to 65" LG c9 oled. Size incread worth it I found 2:35 movies too small. Much higher contrast and light output than the pioneer, it reminds me of my LCD. Maybe Kuro has got dimmer over time.

I'm sure the increased size would be beneficial. My room can easily take as large a screen as I can afford, so no problems there.

However, I do also have a "cinema" room, with a Sony HW40-ES projecting a roughly 120" diagonal picture. So when I'm seriously watching a movie, I watch it there. As well as family movie night. The TV in the lounge is more for TV watching, or casual movie watching (like in the background, when you don't mind speaking to the wife). Or for the kids to watch whatever they are watching. So I am in no real hurry to replace the already more than adequate picture in there. Despite my inner geek REALLY wanting to jump to 4k.

Soldato
Well I succumbed to all the advice, and just got back from Costco (which was like armageddon by the way!) with an LG 55C9.

Just watching Avengers Endgame (as it happened to be on Sky) and it looks incredible - and I haven't even done any set-up yet.

Confirmed though that the stand is too low profile to have the Sonos Playbar just sat in front of the TV - it covers the bottom inch of the screen!

On my last TV, I attached the playbar via mounts to the VESA fittings and had it above the screen. But in that fitting the TV frame itself took a little of the weight, and there's no way that's happening with this - it's only about 3mm deep.

So - anyone got recommendations for a table top TV stand which will carry the TV with a Playbar slung beneath it?

I'm thinking something like this:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/produ...&pf_rd_p=f20e70b1-67f9-48d1-8c78-ba616030b420

I already have arms to attach the bar itself to the mount.

Congratz on the new purchase. I am jealous.

Soldato
OP
Obviously only the first day, but I am immensely impressed and pleased with it.

Watching Godzilla: King of Monsters currently - just because I looked for some UHD content. Terrible film, but looks amazing!

And the other big benefit is the new TV passing through audio signals correctly. I had to do all sorts of crap with engineer settings and using an HDMI splitter to get the sound to the Playbar properly before - this TV passes through the Dolby Digital signal seamlessly and it sounds great.

Soldato
OP
As an aside - I can't decide whether the film makers getting Ken Watanabe to say 'Godzilla' constantly throughout the film because he 'says it right' is a bit racist. ;)

Back
Top Bottom